Advertisement

Author Topic: work place parties at a decline  (Read 1626 times)

Offline starchaser1989

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +60
    • View Profile
work place parties at a decline
« on: December 18, 2018, 10:25:15 AM »
A decline in office parties due to #MeToo

https://www.yahoo.com/news/metoo-era-office-party-etiquette-110009702.html?.tsrc=fauxdal

Both my wife and I agree long ago that the work place is a place to work but also a F-fest for many people.  Therefore, one must be very careful.  Office parties is just another invite to get to know people more and F, have affairs, one night stands, etc.  My wife and I would avoid our office parties at all cost unless its a must show.  Even then, we would not drink alcohol and be outta there as soon as it becomes pointless to stay any longer.  Sometimes we would here about the crazy things co-worker do at the office parties the day after and who F who, Yes, you hear that stuff.  Best thing is talk to your spouse/gf/bf about the red flags, pros and cons, etc. Know how to handle pressure, situations, who to look out for, who is being too friendly, too touchy, etc.  Example:  You going to the party, "Nope", problem solved, right. 

We both talk about this kind of stuff every once a year or from time to time as a refresher, yes a REFRESHER, just like company training, lol.  We also both agreed that if an affairs do happens, it is the will of the person wanting to do it because it takes two to tango.  Therefore best to divorce and don't use the kids as a leverage to stay for more suffering.  Glad that all those refresher pays off, as we both grow old together and still very much in love.

There's a lot of naive couples out there who goes to work everyday and have no clue of the signs.  So, talk to your spouse/gf/bf about this kind of stuff because the work place is also a F-fest, you heard the stories, don't be a victim.  Good luck.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 10:50:13 AM by starchaser1989 »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: work place parties at a decline
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 10:54:47 AM »
Wow! There are companies that hold parties to let employees do "dirty dancing" and to "sleep over"?

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 11:33:08 AM »
Bro, relax.......yo u sound so uptight.

flint-rod

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 11:38:43 AM »
speaking of which... i have a "work-place" holiday party to attend this thursday... it's from 3 till 6 pm... typically, i'll have just a beer because i know my limit... then i'll socialize for about 30 or so minutes top and leave... because i'm in education... it doesn't shock me the amount of drinking some colleagues do... but ultimately that's the choice we all make... to each his own i suppose...

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 11:49:17 AM »
Already attended mine this past weekend.  It was at the Hyatt so discount rooms for those who wanna stayed. 

I only go to see goes solo and see co workers hubby. 

Also only went cuz they be passing out Xmas bonus check.  Pretty heavy check this year but tax almost half.  Going to Reno with that check this weekend.  Free room, free circus Solei type show and free buffet. 

They did dancing but I never stick around to those.  Keep work and your social life separate.  No need to know that's I'm an undercover freak. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 12:01:11 PM »
its not the party..its the people. I already hate my coworkers, what makes them think I want to party with them >:( ;D :2funny:

Plus, a lot of my coworkers are ugly ;D

Offline starchaser1989

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +60
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 12:04:17 PM »

It may sound like I'm uptight but I'm really not.  All this is being able to identified the signs in anything.  Same thing as telling your kids not to talk to strangers, have them remember emergency numbers and what to do in case of a kidnap, etc.

All of this talk, pre-plan, conversation, etc. is not being uptight, its simply prevention and avoidance.  It will someday save your relationship if you know the signs and avoid certain situations. Trust me, things always happens when you least expected.

My wife who is a supervisor just gave a naive Hmong girl at work the heads up last two month ago.  This guy was hitting on her at work and she don't even know it and she is married and have 2 little kids too.  So when this girl ask my wife why this guy keep doing certain things that seem too nice and somewhat shady, my wife told her the truth.  My wife and a few co-workers have already saw the signs weeks ago but it was none of their business until she ask my wife that day.  My wife told me that girl don't even have a clue.  My wife said, since then the girl have kept her distance from this guy. My wife might of saved a marriage for all I know.   

I'm telling you, if you got a wife/gf working, especially if she's new to a job, you already know some of those guys at her work place are already trying to F her.  She needs to know the signs and stand her ground.  Don't be the naive one who is too relax, it could be your biggest fail.  Good luck.     

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 01:38:45 PM »

;D ;D ;D

That's the insecure controlling trait that some Hmong men aquired/inherit for you... ;D

It's the same mind set that if a girls goes out with her girlfriends to the clubs then she's a whore...

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 02:32:50 PM »
i'm too wild for work place parties, so i don't go!  i drink like there's no tomorrow and eat like a pig, cause everything is free!  the only time i would attend is if the actual owner is going to be present and i'm expected to show, get a raise, bonus and/or gifts!  the last time i went, the hmong in me, brought 3 dates and bought 3 cases of beer!  it's unheard of among my co-workers..now that i don' t go, they call me a party pooper! ha!

« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 03:01:45 PM by ZDN »

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 02:55:47 PM »
I wanted to go to mine but I was to tired to drive...

I like going to them because they are entertaining but yes, it is just another excuse for people to hook up and express themselves drunkingly to each other and confess to one another and make sexual "mistakes"...

It's so weird because you know all those office workers work together...

And then there's that HR department...

Drunk, Sex, Co-workers, HR department... doesn't mix in my opinion

That's why I never get drunk.. I may have a couple of drinks and thats it and just observe and laugh at all the halarity then bounce out early.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 02:56:54 PM »
i'm too wild for work place parties, so i don't go!  i drink like there's no tomorrow and eat like a pig, cause everything is free!  the only time i would attend is if the actual owner is going to be present and i'm expected to show, get a raise, bonus and/or gifts!  the last time i went, the hmong in me, brought 3 date and bought 3 cases!  it's unheard of among my co-workers..now that i don' t go, they call me a party pooper! ha!

Not going to lie, mine was this past weekend and I was going to bring three of my own girls too. 

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Advertisements