Advertisement

Author Topic: Cali people  (Read 1570 times)

Offline starchaser1989

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +60
    • View Profile
Cali people
« on: January 09, 2019, 01:38:24 PM »
Saw this post on FB:

California's new traffic fine rules were released on January 1, 2019:

Forget to carry your driver's license $214

Forget to change the address (more than ten days) $214

Uninsured car in an accident $796 and
driver's license revoked for 4 years.

Fail to stop at a red light or turning right at a No Turn on Red $533

Crossing a double yellow line $425.

Violation of the turn or U-turn $284.

Speeding 1-15 miles $224
Speeding 16-25 miles $338

Stop Sign but fail to stop $284

Pass the flashing light of a school bus $675

Talking on cell phone
1st time $76, 2nd time $190, and
same penalty even if you are just holding it in your hand

Not wearing a seat belt $160

Stopped at a bus stop $976

Driving with high beam lights (from 30 points) $382

Child did not wearing a seat belt or in a child’s seat $436

Tinted windows $178

Driving with headphones $178

Modified Exhaust $1000 EACH stop.

All of the above violations allow for you to go to traffic school for 8 hours. If you get a 2nd ticket within 18 months, no traffic school, you must pay the penalty, points go on your driving record, and your insurance rates will rise. You might want to review these with the drivers in your household to prevent any surprises.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
Re: Cali people
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 01:46:28 PM »
Saw this post on FB:

California's new traffic fine rules were released on January 1, 2019:

Uninsured car in an accident $796 and
driver's license revoked for 4 years.

Wish that was true.  This meh guy hit my car and I went and filed a police report.  He had no insurance. He gave me his insurance information, but it was not for the car he was driving. The cops just told me, nothing they could do but make a report for my insurance.

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 01:47:00 PM »
all those are preventable.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 02:22:09 PM »
You must go to court where the county that gave you the speeding ticket so if I get one in southern California, I'm azz out in trying to contest. 

Cot dayam fees are going up.  I had two speeding ticket in 2018, 2 months apart.  $400 around there so you know how fast I was driving.  Second one, the cop saw my recent record and dropped me down to 80mph and told me that he's doing so to save money. 

First one I went to online traffic school where I flew passed by it.  I have the old exam and they still uses the old format.  2nd ticket, no more schooling so I currently having a point on my record. 

Doesn't stop me from speeding though.  You are comfortable with driving fast so it is hard for me to go 5 over. 

Here's a trick in Cali.  If you have a gun in the car, give it to a kid to hide it in their pants.  By law, cops can't search a minor and I'm not going to incriminating myself. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 03:11:48 PM »
I told you guys a couple of years ago that California is going to start pushing heavily in favor of electric cars, car pools, hyper loop train systems. Its here and its coming for the people of california to start adapting. Either you leave the state or find other means of transportation that prevent these ridiculous high fees.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 04:34:47 PM »
My last ticket was child not in a car seat. $500 fine. I went to a Child Car Seat safety class for $70. Paid $70 when I turn in my certification. I got 1 point on my record that stay for 3 yrs.

I wouldn’t trust whatever is out there. Its all about $$ and the pig acting all tough telling you what to do.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 05:19:17 PM »
Wish that was true.  This meh guy hit my car and I went and filed a police report.  He had no insurance. He gave me his insurance information, but it was not for the car he was driving. The cops just told me, nothing they could do but make a report for my insurance.

It is true and common knowledge but LE must be present in order to give a citation to the uninsured driver...

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 05:54:10 PM »
You must go to court where the county that gave you the speeding ticket so if I get one in southern California, I'm azz out in trying to contest. 

Cot dayam fees are going up.  I had two speeding ticket in 2018, 2 months apart.  $400 around there so you know how fast I was driving.  Second one, the cop saw my recent record and dropped me down to 80mph and told me that he's doing so to save money. 

First one I went to online traffic school where I flew passed by it.  I have the old exam and they still uses the old format.  2nd ticket, no more schooling so I currently having a point on my record. 

Doesn't stop me from speeding though.  You are comfortable with driving fast so it is hard for me to go 5 over. 

Here's a trick in Cali.  If you have a gun in the car, give it to a kid to hide it in their pants.  By law, cops can't search a minor and I'm not going to incriminating myself.

Tricks don't work

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 06:03:04 PM »
Tricks don't work

Maybe cuz you stupid cuz it worked for me. 

"Minors under 18 are entitled to have a parent or adult guardian present during a search or questioning. Your son could not waive his rights or give a valid consent to search due to his minority. You should have an attorney with you if you meet with juvenile authorities."

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/are-police-allowed-to-search-a-minor-or-question-t-477322.html

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements