Advertisement

Author Topic: wasted my dam time for the interview  (Read 6007 times)

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
wasted my dam time for the interview
« on: January 23, 2019, 11:39:22 AM »
so i took a day off from my current workplace for a interview at a higher paying job elsewhere, the interview went well the vice president was really impress with my resume, 2 weeks later the HR lady called saying i got the job but the only problem is they try to lowball me, I pretty much told them i applied because of the starting pay they put up and if they werent going to give me that pay then there hourly pay they put up was misleading, at that point i can tell the HR lady got upset and she told me she'll talk to the boss and get back to me, never got the call back lol, a month later i check there job openings again and they reworded there starting pay rate... geez wasted all my time just for them to revise there misleading pay rate  >:(

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
Re: wasted my dam time for the interview
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 12:42:15 PM »
Sorry to hear. That can be very frustrating. Good luck in your search.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 12:47:42 PM »
Sorry to hear that.  There are labor laws that forbid this.  If you can get proof of the before and after, you can go after them.  However, if they have a case against you, they can get you to pay their lawyer fees. 

On the flip side, when I first started out, I had zero experience but a bullchit mouth and was expecting min wages pay.  I just needed work to pay gas basically.  Surprised me when the director threw out the first bid that blew my mind away and was afraid that he low balled me.  He said how this sound?  I pushed back for an extra dollar more like wtf? 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 03:22:32 PM »
instead of putting the employer on the spot...why not ask if they would honor the pay as advertised?  this would also be another great opportunity to negotiate a better rate, since the position was offered to you but not at your expectation.  reiterate your interest in the position, your qualifications and the assets you bring with you to the company.  by exploiting the company's less than advertise offer, it's saying you're not interested in growing with the company but only there for a paycheck (if and when someone offers a higher pay, you would probably drop them like a hot potato)...already causing friction from the inception of your employment.  a lot of employers don't want to see 'money' as the motivator for any potential hire...they want to see growth, the commitment to excellence and longevity. 

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 05:03:29 PM »
instead of putting the employer on the spot...why not ask if they would honor the pay as advertised?
i did this why were here in the 1st place, let just say for example the pay that they advertise was 20 bux a hour, when the HR lady called me they were going to give me $16 for starting point and when my 3 month probation is up they were going to bump it to $19 and thats when i ask her on there website starting pay rate is $20 why is it that im getting less??????? after a few back and fourth for putting them on the spot she told me she'll call me back which she never did because they probably found someone else they can lowball, i dont know about you but i dont wanna work for a shady azz company who false advertise there stuff

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 05:21:02 PM »
by exploiting the company's less than advertise offer, it's saying you're not interested in growing with the company but only there for a paycheck (if and when someone offers a higher pay, you would probably drop them like a hot potato)...already causing friction from the inception of your employment. 

azn-guy wasn't "exploiting" anything, he just called them out on their scam. If it wasn't a scam, they would've apologized to him and take ownership of their mistake. I'm glad azn-guy spoke up...Because if he didn't then he'll just be another "biatch" or disciple to step on...by his master...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 05:24:09 PM »
i dont know about you but i dont wanna work for a shady azz company who false advertise there stuff

Good for you ...and I agree... O0

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 08:30:25 AM »
i did this why were here in the 1st place, let just say for example the pay that they advertise was 20 bux a hour, when the HR lady called me they were going to give me $16 for starting point and when my 3 month probation is up they were going to bump it to $19 and thats when i ask her on there website starting pay rate is $20 why is it that im getting less??????? after a few back and fourth for putting them on the spot she told me she'll call me back which she never did because they probably found someone else they can lowball, i dont know about you but i dont wanna work for a shady azz company who false advertise there stuff
a few things...1) it's not misleading when a pay range is advertised as..."pays up to $20/hr" or a range of some kind ($16-$20/hr or a salary range, per se)...i know this for a fact that most employers often use (this is their tactic for negotiation, so they don't get called out for false advertisement).  2) regardless of what rate was advertised, at the initial interview, was there a discussion?  Did you ask or make them aware of your pay requirement?  going under the assumption, is not the employer's fault...they don't have to disclose or honor the pay rate until a job offer has been made.  3) if you're unsatisfied with the offer, instead of bickering over the pay, "thank" them for the offer and use this opportunity to renegotiate for a higher rate...ask for $25/hr (example), reiterate your qualifications, the limited training that is needed for your transition, your availability to start immediately, and prove your worth.   overall, professionalis m, respect and the art of negotiation goes a long way, when you're seeking a better opportunity.

don't work for shady company...BE your own business!

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2019, 08:54:12 AM »
azn-guy wasn't "exploiting" anything, he just called them out on their scam. If it wasn't a scam, they would've apologized to him and take ownership of their mistake. I'm glad azn-guy spoke up...Because if he didn't then he'll just be another "biatch" or disciple to step on...by his master...
as trump would call you...your fake a$$ is yesterday's news.."you're fired!" 

did he lose any money?! it wasn't a "scam"  to be begin with.  he went in to apply and interviewed for a position.  a misunderstandi ng of the pay rate does not equate to a "scam"...calling them out is unprofessional (leave that at home when you're looking for a job).  lacking the skills to negotiate for a better rate is not of anyone's fault but his own, it's all part of the job process.  if i may add...as skillful as he is and with his superior qualifications, he could have had asked for 50% more on the going rate and still get the job. 

duma even pointed out...he bullchitted his interview, got an offer and even countered for a higher rate...mutherf cker, i would have also accepted his offer and remind him to bring his knee pads, he starts right under the table, first thing tomorrow morning! ha!

« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 09:02:28 AM by ZDN »

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 11:01:21 AM »
a few things...1) it's not misleading when a pay range is advertised as..."pays up to $20/hr" or a range of some kind ($16-$20/hr or a salary range, per se)...i know this for a fact that most employers often use (this is their tactic for negotiation, so they don't get called out for false advertisement).  2) regardless of what rate was advertised, at the initial interview, was there a discussion?  Did you ask or make them aware of your pay requirement?  going under the assumption, is not the employer's fault...they don't have to disclose or honor the pay rate until a job offer has been made.  3) if you're unsatisfied with the offer, instead of bickering over the pay, "thank" them for the offer and use this opportunity to renegotiate for a higher rate...ask for $25/hr (example), reiterate your qualifications, the limited training that is needed for your transition, your availability to start immediately, and prove your worth.   overall, professionalis m, respect and the art of negotiation goes a long way, when you're seeking a better opportunity.

don't work for shady company...BE your own business!
:idiot2:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2019, 06:27:02 PM »
as trump would call you...your fake a$$ is yesterday's news.."you're fired!" 

did he lose any money?! it wasn't a "scam"  to be begin with.  he went in to apply and interviewed for a position.  a misunderstandi ng of the pay rate does not equate to a "scam"...calling them out is unprofessional (leave that at home when you're looking for a job).  lacking the skills to negotiate for a better rate is not of anyone's fault but his own, it's all part of the job process.  if i may add...as skillful as he is and with his superior qualifications, he could have had asked for 50% more on the going rate and still get the job. 

duma even pointed out...he bullchitted his interview, got an offer and even countered for a higher rate...mutherf cker, i would have also accepted his offer and remind him to bring his knee pads, he starts right under the table, first thing tomorrow morning! ha!

And this is suppose to be true coming the DUNCE Trump disciple that proudly supports lies and fakes and blame women for getting raped...Yep, you're a "scam"...that still can't get enough of your master's semen.. ;D

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2019, 06:28:15 PM »
:idiot2:

x2 with the "  :idiot2: " point...That DUNCE has too much of Trump's semen in his system...

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2019, 08:08:12 AM »
And this is suppose to be true coming the DUNCE Trump disciple that proudly supports lies and fakes and blame women for getting raped...Yep, you're a "scam"...that still can't get enough of your master's semen.. ;D
LOL...you may not believe it's true but common sense, something of which you lack.  a scam is when others share logical ideas but you have none, so you offer to suck d!ck.  what can i say that would be relevant..."Good blow Job!"  ha!

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2019, 05:23:40 PM »
LOL...you may not believe it's true but common sense, something of which you lack.  a scam is when others share logical ideas but you have none, so you offer to suck d!ck.  what can i say that would be relevant..."Good blow Job!"  ha!

The DUNCE Trump disciple that proudly supports lies and fakes and blames women for getting raped is bumping his boobs about "true", "common sense" and "logical" now??.. ;D ;D ;D

Yep, still too much of his master Trump's semen in his semen...He even go as far as peeling his master Trump's foreskin as far back as possible so he can run the tip of his tongue around the gland of his master Trump's penis to capture and clean up the semen trapped there..What a DUNCE!!! ;D

Peachy Fish

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2019, 10:01:08 PM »
That bites! I would be in disbelief. Hope you land one that is even better than that one. Also, the bright side is you gained more interview experience.

Advertisements