Advertisement

Author Topic: Funeral question  (Read 3125 times)

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
Funeral question
« on: May 27, 2019, 11:58:48 PM »
Someone on the wife's side passed away. They're still of the old religion. The relatives called and ask to "tuaj hlub". What does that entail?  what are the options and be nice if someone can give details of what the ritual involves, what not to do and what's okay to do.  Thanks in advance.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
Re: Funeral question
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 09:59:29 AM »
would they be white or green?

What does color have to do with it?

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 10:08:40 AM »
Someone on the wife's side passed away. They're still of the old religion. The relatives called and ask to "tuaj hlub". What does that entail?  what are the options and be nice if someone can give details of what the ritual involves, what not to do and what's okay to do.  Thanks in advance.

In simplicity, come help.  Provide manual labor.

If you're in the know...take charge.  If you don't, just be helpful and provide manual labor, or organization planning to assist the "shaman"

What you should do...is greet the family members and don't forget to provide some offering money.

If you're good with crafting those gloss paper thingy...bring a nice big one.  O0

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 10:45:15 AM »
would they be white or green?
green.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 10:55:11 AM »
In simplicity, come help.  Provide manual labor.

If you're in the know...take charge.  If you don't, just be helpful and provide manual labor, or organization planning to assist the "shaman"

What you should do...is greet the family members and don't forget to provide some offering money.

If you're good with crafting those gloss paper thingy...bring a nice big one.  O0
Yeah, but I think the key words are "tuaj hlub".  That means you are expected to go prepared for a ritual.  I'd like to know what that entails, what to expect, how to respond, etc.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 08:59:15 PM »
Yeah, but I think the key words are "tuaj hlub".  That means you are expected to go prepared for a ritual.  I'd like to know what that entails, what to expect, how to respond, etc.
If it's first line family...on the wife's side.  You could be expected to do a lot...basicall y be a slave.  Somehow I get the feeling they be wanting you on your knees or sitting on the ground.

Advertisements