Advertisement

Author Topic: Arkansas  (Read 2437 times)

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
Arkansas
« on: June 19, 2019, 09:38:25 AM »
Have you been there or lived there?  What is there to do or see? My uncle live there and he is having a party during July 4th weekend. I want to get a sense of life there before I go.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
Re: Arkansas
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 09:39:31 AM »
 :dontknow:
go with an open mind.  that's all i'll say.

Like this post: +1

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 10:14:42 AM »
its pretty much countryside, if your a city person u wont last 5 mins out there lol

things to do there is pick up eggs at the chicken farm, twice a day aha

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 10:19:33 AM »
most of the hmong people around the country will congregate in st. paul, during j4...if you want to get away from hmong people, arkansas is where you would want to go.  do some camping, hook some fish, shoot some ducks and kill some chickens.

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

flint-rod

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 10:44:12 AM »
depends on where your uncle lives... is he in the city or in the rural country...? i love rural living but my wife who is a city gal can't stand it... that's why we compromised and are living in the suburbs... lol!

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 11:48:11 AM »
He live in a city called Waldron. I looked it up and they city only has 2 traffic lights :P.   It's going to be hot, humid, and dreading especially when the wife is not going either :P

Like this post: +1

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 11:52:52 AM »
He live in a city called Waldron. I looked it up and they city only has 2 traffic lights :P.   It's going to be hot, humid, and dreading especially when the wife is not going either :P
2 traffic lights??  got us beat.

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 11:56:39 AM »

Haha!  Only 2 traffic lights!   :2funny:

But anyway, Arkansas is very kho siab heev.  Not much to do but look at the vast landscape of open fields and farm land.  I love the country so Arkansas is paradise to me.  If you like fishing, you should ask your uncle to take you fishing.  Otherwise, just bring a couple of books, lay out on the grass and read.  Enjoy the beauty of the country, the tall grass, the wild flowers, the chicken, the cows, the pigs, etc.

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 12:11:25 PM »
Haha!  Only 2 traffic lights!   :2funny:

But anyway, Arkansas is very kho siab heev.  Not much to do but look at the vast landscape of open fields and farm land.  I love the country so Arkansas is paradise to me.  If you like fishing, you should ask your uncle to take you fishing.  Otherwise, just bring a couple of books, lay out on the grass and read.  Enjoy the beauty of the country, the tall grass, the wild flowers, the chicken, the cows, the pigs, etc.

I'm only visiting not moving there! ;D.  I enjoy the country side to but I would feel more comfortable knowing that a Walmart is only a drive down the road if my ratchet side wants to come out ;D

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2019, 12:32:39 PM »
this is what i do when i visit my cousins in arkansas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjlOEhUr4Ys

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2019, 12:34:48 PM »
I've been through Arkansas going to Mizzou once by driving.  I'm from Narleans so it was a long time ago and nothing much for me to remember since I was just a child.

I would imagine it like Pulaski Wisconsin where my cousin lives.  Looks like a redneck county but it's ok for him since he married a white chick.  Woods all over and a private road deep into the woods just to see his cabin style home that he was proud to own.   Went during the j4 too but my mind was still in MN.  Could never forgive my other cousin from MN for wasting my vacation that one year.  I had calls from Hmong females to meet up at myth too.  My body was in Wis but the mind wants to do MN. 

Never went back. 

Only way for me to go back is if my boys from Cali can go with me.  I take solitude with my friends cuz we them boys i tell ya.  We can make rednecks hick girls rain for us.

Dream not going to happen cuz their wives are putting j4 as BLK out dates for them.  You can't even use your best excuses to escape either.   Unless it is a one night hangover style operation.  Cuz we can use the excuse of not having enough time to fly to MN, messes with Hmong tourists and fly back hm.  Hrmmm, now got me thinking.  I take it as a challenge. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2019, 12:35:11 PM »
Hmong people there are egg farmers: they raise chickens that lay eggs and they pick up those eggs into baskets and buckets and put them in containers for companies to pick up.

Kind of farmy and npab nauj. But if you love the outdoors, there's good fishing and hunting, even bamboo harvesting.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2019, 12:43:04 PM »
I've been through Arkansas going to Mizzou once by driving.  I'm from Narleans so it was a long time ago and nothing much for me to remember since I was just a child.

I would imagine it like Pulaski Wisconsin where my cousin lives.  Looks like a redneck county but it's ok for him since he married a white chick.  Woods all over and a private road deep into the woods just to see his cabin style home that he was proud to own.   Went during the j4 too but my mind was still in MN.  Could never forgive my other cousin from MN for wasting my vacation that one year.  I had calls from Hmong females to meet up at myth too.  My body was in Wis but the mind wants to do MN. 

Never went back. 

Only way for me to go back is if my boys from Cali can go with me.  I take solitude with my friends cuz we them boys i tell ya.  We can make rednecks hick girls rain for us.

Dream not going to happen cuz their wives are putting j4 as BLK out dates for them.  You can't even use your best excuses to escape either.   Unless it is a one night hangover style operation.  Cuz we can use the excuse of not having enough time to fly to MN, messes with Hmong tourists and fly back hm.  Hrmmm, now got me thinking.  I take it as a challenge.

Bro, you're always about them MN chicks ;D :D

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2019, 12:48:10 PM »
Hmong people there are egg farmers: they raise chickens that lay eggs and they pick up those eggs into baskets and buckets and put them in containers for companies to pick up.

Kind of farmy and npab nauj. But if you love the outdoors, there's good fishing and hunting, even bamboo harvesting.

I wouldn't mind doing this once I'm at the retirement age of 60.

That means kids will be 21 to help out and I've reached my other goals before 60. 

I do have a family friend inlaw that does this kind of work.  They from Narleans but Katrina was a catalyst for them to move the family to Tex n Georgia.  Bought the land with the house for only $200k.  Got a contract with a big player like foster farm.  They bring in baby chicks and their job is just power feeding them.  In three months is the harvest n charges ny the pound per dollars.  Best part is them eggs.  100% profit. 

Business so lucrative that they turned it into a business operation by hiring other people to run the operation for them while they retire here in California. 

Only disease is a problem otherwise, just walk the farm n pick up dead birds, feed the birds n collect eggs.  How hard can that be?  Oh n bird smells too. 

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2019, 12:50:24 PM »
Bro, you're always about them MN chicks ;D :D

Thus why I'm Banning myself from there

Gotta wait for all my Hmong fling to get married and move on with their lives and take me off their hit list. 

Advertisements