Advertisement

Author Topic: New music market for the hmong  (Read 5888 times)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
New music market for the hmong
« on: October 04, 2019, 02:05:05 PM »
Do what the viets been doing

they take your ordinary music and add an edm beat to it and you will then have a hit. 

I have not seen or heard of any hmong groups be taking this stance.  Maybe they fear of copyright laws?   I'm telling you, you dj music producer can just take your mi noog song and digital remix it to make it better.  Here's a sample of what I'm talking about.  You don't even have to know the lyrics or what they say like k pop stuff.  If it gives you goose bumps and moves your emotions to make you feel better or worse, goal will be made. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHazTiuCowg

I love sitting at the bar and just drink to this music and just be a loner in my own space.   :2funny:

Like this post: 0
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Adverstisement

Offline starchaser1989

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +60
    • View Profile
Re: New music market for the hmong
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 09:44:52 AM »
Haven't been in here for awhile but as a person who follow music myself way back from the Lee Pheng, Touly, Voltage, KLS, Sounders, Mai Xiong, MaaVue, DavidYang, etc.

Hmong today don't even keep up with mainstream music.  If you follow the views of artist on youtube you will see what kind of music our Hmong community is listening to and it's not mainstream music.  Hmong are going backwards to MTT, Chinese Melody, OGs and early 90s style of music.  Releasing a MTT song gets more view than any other artist like Allknighers, DavidYang, MaaVue, Sounders, etc.

I strongly believe American Hmong Music is a dying career today and it's going to get worst as Hmong American start to not understand and speak Hmong. 

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
Re: New music market for the hmong
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2022, 12:37:10 PM »
Haven't been in here for awhile but as a person who follow music myself way back from the Lee Pheng, Touly, Voltage, KLS, Sounders, Mai Xiong, MaaVue, DavidYang, etc.

Hmong today don't even keep up with mainstream music.  If you follow the views of artist on youtube you will see what kind of music our Hmong community is listening to and it's not mainstream music.  Hmong are going backwards to MTT, Chinese Melody, OGs and early 90s style of music.  Releasing a MTT song gets more view than any other artist like Allknighers, DavidYang, MaaVue, Sounders, etc.

I strongly believe American Hmong Music is a dying career today and it's going to get worst as Hmong American start to not understand and speak Hmong.

Well, majority Hmong music are copies from other artists.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Advertisements