Advertisement

Author Topic: Good time to buy a car, some discounts = end of year clearance if not better  (Read 2393 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1334
    • View Profile
I mean if your looking and can actually afford it of course  ;D:

A survey of the hottest deals at a very challenging time, starting as low as $79/month for the Hyundai Ioniq Electric.

With a planet on lockdown, face masks dang near mandatory, and the car market flatter than a dead hamster's EKG, it's a great time to lease or buy a new vehicle. That is, as long as you do it all over the internet or on a phone—and never shaking hands to close the deal.

Leasing is trickier this month. What follows are the usual featured leases from manufacturers. However, because we're living in Bizarro Virus World, don't think of these leases as anything except starting points.

Car dealers are carrying huge inventories financed with big loans, aren't selling much of anything, and don't have much income right now. At the moment, for many dealers, just getting rid of any piece of their inventory at whatever price they can get is a win. The world is screwed up and tragic and all sorts of sad and lonely, but it's a buyer's market like never before. Or a lessee's market.

So take the leases here to a dealer, and ask for the purchase price embedded in the lease to drop. A little? No, a lot. These are starting points—jump-off points for negotiation. Maybe the dealer will eat some of their usual charges. When the hard-nosed dealers are on the ropes, the strategy should be to keep punching.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
Not yet...
They are not hurting yet
Wait a little bit longer
Till you see bankruptcy

God did not created man...man created god

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Here is what you do. 

Don't go to the dealership cuz that is a waste of your time.

Just google all the local dealership in your area and find the contact email of the internet manager.   He is a sale's guy and he or she is the one who does a lot of leasing and selling and since he's also a manager, he can write you his own numbers.  I don't deal with sales folks.  They can't sell you at your number unless you get them to beg the fleat, floor manager for them numbers.  Once again, why go through the sale's guy when you can deal direct with the authority of the dealership? 

So then you mass email bcc to all of them internet manager for the out the door, invoice price and say that you are eager to buy soon and not to waste your time.  You will then get a number on print.  Once you get that, you use that email to fight against another dealership internet manager.  The lowest bidder wins. 

They are fighting for your business right now.  I'm not looking for a ride but just tried it out of curiosity and I got some sick azz deals. 

Ok, maybe I'll buy me a summertime car cuz well, you never know, catch covid and might die midlife.   :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
Here is what you do. 

Just google all the local dealership in your area and find the contact email of the internet manager.   He is a sale's guy and he or she is the one who does a lot of leasing and selling and since he's also a manager, he can write you his own numbers.  I don't deal with sales folks.  They can't sell you at your number unless you get them to beg the fleat, floor manager for them numbers.  Once again, why go through the sale's guy when you can deal direct with the authority of the dealership? 

So then you mass email bcc to all of them internet manager for the out the door, invoice price and say that you are eager to buy soon and not to waste your time.  You will then get a number on print.  Once you get that, you use that email to fight against another dealership internet manager.  The lowest bidder wins. 

They are fighting for your business right now.  I'm not looking for a ride but just tried it out of curiosity and I got some sick azz deals. 

Ok, maybe I'll buy me a summertime car cuz well, you never know, catch covid and might die midlife.   :2funny:

Need them to feel our pain a little bit
Hurt them in the pocket a little bit

$10k Toyota corolla brand new O0
I will replace my junker work car

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Not yet...
They are not hurting yet
Wait a little bit longer
Till you see bankruptcy

Welps so much for "WISHFUL THINKING"... ;D

And NOPE still no "RAV4" so you're "voided" when it comes to buying cars.. ;D

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile

$10k Toyota corolla brand new O0
I will replace my junker work car

The allowance you get from your "mommy's" coin belt dispenser won't cut it.. ;D:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Here is what you do. 

Just google all the local dealership in your area and find the contact email of the internet manager. 

In the last 20 years, I usually email the fleet manager and once he/she gives me a deal I feel it's fair then I go to the dealership to test drive the vehicle (unless I've already test driven a similar vehicle)..Then closed out the deal with the stuff I received from the fleet manager..via email..

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
$69/month??  :o:

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
$69/month??  :o:

(69+10% tax) time 24 months + 3499  divided by 24 months divided by 4.5 weeks = around $52 a week

if my math is correct then that's cheaper than renting a car per week. 

plus factor insurance and limiting driving 12k a year.  With the pricing of depreciation, you can buy that car after the leasing term is over at the going rate. 

I think renting is still better.  You can drive unlimited mileage.  If car breaks down, they will deliver you a new car and you don't have to deal with car maintenance including oil change and tire change and all that crap.  Just pay and drive. 

Lets see the math.  300 a week x 52 weeks in a year x 2 years = oh hell no.  That's around 30K for a 20k car.   :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I have not seen lease for under 70 bucks in a long time and according to them, "not just 1" but all...

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
I have not seen lease for under 70 bucks in a long time and according to them, "not just 1" but all...

LMAO

can someone explain to this brother
that "leasing" is not "buying"

you don't even own the car when you "leash"
like like DUMA say, you are just renting and borrowing it

hahaha

defeat the purpose of this thread "good time to buy a car"

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
"LMAO"

"can someone explain to this brother" why he's been called out many times for his "reading" issues..

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
"LMAO"

"can someone explain to this brother" why he's been called out many times for his "reading" issues..

you know after your 24 month lease you have to return the car back, rightttt???
THE CAR AIN'T YOURS TO KEEP

hahahaha  (you might be able to purchase it than, but who know)

defeat the purpose of this thread " Good time to buy a car, some discounts = end of year clearance if not better  "

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
"you know after your 24 month', you still fail to post any "picture" of the "RAV4" which means you're "voided" in this topic.

Doesn't even know that there's an option to buy after the "lease" ends..It's simple common knowledge..

No wonder other PHers called him out on his "reading" issues...

"hahahaha"

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
"you know after your 24 month', you still fail to post any "picture" of the "RAV4" which means you're "voided" in this topic.

Doesn't even know that there's an option to buy after the "lease" ends..It's simple common knowledge..

No wonder other PHers called him out on his "reading" issues...

"hahahaha"

This dude claim to be a car expert
Don’t even know the difference

“Buying” VS “leashing”

Thinking “leashing” is owning the car

Hahahahhaha WISHFUL THINKING FOR SURE

I won’t take any car advice from him FYI

Advertisements