Advertisement

Author Topic: $15 mil seems cheap for the whole league but then again, it already failed twice  (Read 496 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
 ???:

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson buys XFL for $15 million with partner RedBird Capital which is run by his ex-wife

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
'Let's go get the XFL': Meet Dany Garcia, the league's prospective Latina league owner

Dany Garcia and her ex-husband bought the XFL, hoping to rescue it from bankruptcy court and give new life to the floundering league, which like so many businesses was severely impacted by COVID-19. “I love football. Deeply. I actually love sports, and I’m a professional bodybuilder, so sports and storytelling has been a part of my life,” Garcia told Yahoo Sports. “The second iteration of the XFL I was not only so enthusiastic, I was dying to be part of it.”

..Garcia’s ex is Dwayne Johnson. Most of us know him as The Rock, though to her he’s “DJ.” As happens far too often with women who are attached to renowned men, initial headlines about the XFL sale said the league had been purchased by Johnson — and only Johnson. On Twitter, Johnson was quick to make sure Garcia got the proper recognition, not just as “the architect in this acquisition,” but also the first woman to own a professional sports league.

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
I believe it’s a great move. I was following it and even rooted for a team. Wish him success.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Advertisements