Advertisement

Author Topic: As a father, I cringed when I hear stories like these  (Read 404 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
As a father, I cringed when I hear stories like these
« on: August 31, 2020, 04:12:20 PM »
"Outcry in Iran at nine-year sentence for man who beheaded daughter
Mother of 14-year-old victim expresses fury at lenient sentence as critics say Iranian law unfairly favors men"

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: As a father, I cringed when I hear stories like these
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 04:15:27 PM »
Texas father, one of FBI's 10 most wanted fugitives, arrested for daughters' 2008 "honor killing"

A Dallas-area taxicab driver wanted for the 2008 slayings of his two teenage daughters was arrested Wednesday in a small North Texas town, the FBI said. Agents arrested Yaser Abdel Said, 63, in Justin, 36 miles northwest of Dallas.

The Egyptian-born suspect had been sought on a capital murder warrant since the New Year's Day 2008 fatal shootings  of the two Lewisville High School students, Sarah Yaser Said, 17, and Amina Yaser Said, 18. Court documents list no attorney for the suspect.

A police report at the time said a family member told investigators that the suspect threatened "bodily harm″ against Sarah for going on a date with a non-Muslim. The mother, Patricia Said, fled with her daughters in the week before their deaths because she was in "great fear for her life." Gail Gattrell, the sisters' great-aunt, has called the deaths an "honor killing,"  in which a woman is murdered by a relative to protect her family's honor.

The teenage sisters were found shot multiple times in a cab outside a motel in Irving, a Dallas suburb. Police found them after one of the girls called 911 from a cellphone and said she was dying.

Like this post: 0

Advertisements