Advertisement

Author Topic: What is a Liv Nyug  (Read 1428 times)

Offline TheAfterLife

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +39
    • View Profile
What is a Liv Nyug
« on: November 26, 2020, 01:49:05 PM »
My family has taken about this mythical scary creature that my parents have encountered before in Laos. They say that it comes at the dawn of twilight at the same time with another spirit called, "Hawg Hawg." Hawg Hawg is a man spirit, curled into a ball that sits at a dark corner about 6 feet away from you, making the sound, "Hawg Hawg." Liv Nyug, I heard from my parents that it takes of a form like a vulture as it screeches in Hmong words to call the living to join the dead.

What is a Liv Nyug since nobody has ever seen it. I know what is a Hawg Hawg since that is the sound it makes when it approaches to you in 6 to 7 feet away if you are sitting close to a dark corner.

Liv Nyug, to what my parents tell me that a village and its people dies a lot when it comes. Basically, it's the Hmong grim reaper, but not a grim reaper since it takes on a form of a vulture.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 01:53:16 PM by TheAfterLife »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline TheAfterLife

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What is a Liv Nyug
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 12:43:53 AM »
If you hear a wailing talk, someone is dead in their sleep or awake.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • 31-day months: Odds: 1,3,5,7: Even: 8, 10,12.
  • Respect: +494
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 07:06:46 AM »
In the old movie "Clash of the Titans", a vulture comes at night, calls Princess Andromeda's spirit into a giant bird cage, and carries it away.

Her body was dead on her bed.

That's the Greek version of Liv Nyug.

Offline TheAfterLife

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 06:51:36 PM »
In the old movie "Clash of the Titans", a vulture comes at night, calls Princess Andromeda's spirit into a giant bird cage, and carries it away.

I want to hear more of our kind of Liv Nyug. It wails loudly from the distant by calling the living to join the dead. I want to know the legend behind this. Are there any?

Offline Visualmon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2020, 12:34:42 AM »

Andromeda's spirit was saved by Perseus when he fought Calibos at his lair. Perseus cut Calibos forearm off.
What if he didn't came Andromeda's spirit would be stuck at his lair, but her spirit would be send to underworld.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Visualmon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2020, 12:59:48 AM »
Not sure if my dream that I had other day is have to do with your original post. Yes, I had a terrible nightmare. I almost had my spirit taken away by demons disguise as gorgeous looking hookers.

Offline Visualmon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2020, 01:03:39 AM »
I heard rumors that some of our popular Hmong celebs died from their sleeps.

Offline TheAfterLife

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2020, 03:50:11 PM »
Not sure if my dream that I had other day is have to do with your original post. Yes, I had a terrible nightmare. I almost had my spirit taken away by demons disguise as gorgeous looking hookers.

No, that's the Old Hag Syndrome.

Liv Nyug comes at the dawn of twilight rather than dark. Old Hag comes in complete darkness and alone; Liv Nyug calls the mass to join the dead. Therefore, they are not the same.

Offline Visualmon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2020, 12:01:48 AM »
No, that's the Old Hag Syndrome.

Liv Nyug comes at the dawn of twilight rather than dark. Old Hag comes in complete darkness and alone; Liv Nyug calls the mass to join the dead. Therefore, they are not the same.

Then Liv Nyug is very much similar to vampires that roam at night and afraid to appear during the day. That ain't scary.
Demons came anytime, day and night, even you are asleep or not. That's scary.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • 31-day months: Odds: 1,3,5,7: Even: 8, 10,12.
  • Respect: +494
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2020, 11:00:45 PM »
Do you want to read it in a story-telling style or a poetic fashion?

A tale I have told and shall tell if you so desire,
But a choice you have to make and it first decided.

I want to hear more of our kind of Liv Nyug. It wails loudly from the distant by calling the living to join the dead. I want to know the legend behind this. Are there any?

Offline TheAfterLife

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2020, 11:02:29 PM »
Then Liv Nyug is very much similar to vampires that roam at night and afraid to appear during the day. That ain't scary.
Demons came anytime, day and night, even you are asleep or not. That's scary.

Liv Nyug is not a vampire. If you are asleep or awake, it still takes you. It only comes at twilight with a big wailing call while speaking in Hmong. The voice is very loud and the whole village hears this as it echoes from nowhere. Vampires don't wail loudly in words; Liv Nyug calls loudly, deep in the forest like that of the dragon, roaring from the distant. When the wailing comes to a village like a high pitch, my parents tell me that the bodies go from 10 to 15 people. Sometimes, it takes more. It reminds me of Moses where the spirit of Death comes and take people away.

Liv Nyug, who is similar to a grim reaper; however, grim reaper doesn't wail loudly like a talking beast in a high pitch.

Offline Visualmon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2020, 11:37:56 PM »
Liv Nyug is not a vampire. If you are asleep or awake, it still takes you. It only comes at twilight with a big wailing call while speaking in Hmong. The voice is very loud and the whole village hears this as it echoes from nowhere. Vampires don't wail loudly in words; Liv Nyug calls loudly, deep in the forest like that of the dragon, roaring from the distant. When the wailing comes to a village like a high pitch, my parents tell me that the bodies go from 10 to 15 people. Sometimes, it takes more. It reminds me of Moses where the spirit of Death comes and take people away.

Liv Nyug, who is similar to a grim reaper; however, grim reaper doesn't wail loudly like a talking beast in a high pitch.

As you describe it, turn out Liv Nyug has the same ability as the Banshee in Scotland. Banshee has the wailing sound too.  :)

Offline TheAfterLife

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2020, 11:48:23 PM »
As you describe it, turn out Liv Nyug has the same ability as the Banshee in Scotland. Banshee has the wailing sound too.  :)

True, but does a Banshee has a vulture form?

Offline Visualmon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2020, 12:05:09 AM »
True, but does a Banshee has a vulture form?

No need to disguise. Banshee gets to fly and glide around Scotland.

Offline TheAfterLife

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2020, 01:56:03 AM »
No need to disguise. Banshee gets to fly and glide around Scotland.

But to the orthodox of its true legend if you want to know what the elders have said, it takes a form of a vulture. Yes, it's similar; however, by its content, Liv Nyug might be our Asian Banshee. It takes the living to join the dead with a loud wailing as it speaks.

Advertisements