Advertisement

Author Topic: What is a Liv Nyug  (Read 1489 times)

Offline TheAfterLife

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +39
    • View Profile
Re: What is a Liv Nyug
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2020, 02:18:09 AM »
If Liv Nyug comes to a small town or a village, many will die as it screams from twilight until dark.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline TheAfterLife

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2020, 02:19:38 AM »
You can say it's our Hmong Banshee since nobody has ever seen it in person. The only thing they know that it takes a vulture form.

Offline Visualmon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2020, 03:11:10 AM »
But to the orthodox of its true legend if you want to know what the elders have said, it takes a form of a vulture. Yes, it's similar; however, by its content, Liv Nyug might be our Asian Banshee. It takes the living to join the dead with a loud wailing as it speaks.

There's a method to get rid of Liv Nyug. It's in the bible that y'all normally worship to. 8)

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Visualmon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2020, 03:28:13 AM »
You can say it's our Hmong Banshee since nobody has ever seen it in person. The only thing they know that it takes a vulture form.

Other than telling us in details by words, illustration may come in handy to see how this wicked thing suppose to look like.
Do what the Norse (Viking) dealt with dragons in the past. They organize the list of different type of dragons in a drawing book.
Same way as modern day westerns use encyclopedia to search for ancient folklores and mystical legends. 

https://youtu.be/rcrZlzPJDzs

« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 03:45:55 AM by Visualmon »

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • 31-day months: Odds: 1,3,5,7: Even: 8, 10,12.
  • Respect: +495
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2020, 05:13:03 PM »
Liv Nyug is one tough guy to kill, as can be demonstrated in the story of the Little Ghost.

The beast is top of three demonic servants to the Lord of the Underworld. The other two are the serpent and the centipede.

Liv Nyug tops them all because his strategy isn't close contact; rather, he calls forth the soul of a living being from the distance. The advantage of  his tactic is no one could reach close enough to kill him.

Meanwhile, both the centipede and the serpent need actual physical touch to harm their victims. Spraying their venoms onto their preys' skins just won't kill; they have to bite into the skins and release the venoms into the blood stream to numb up their victims.

Little Ghost knew all this. When Liv Nyug was summoned by the Underworld Demon Lord to call off the soul of Orphan's Princess hottie, Little Ghost knew he couldn't trap it or get close contacts for a kill like he did to the serpent and the centipede. In fact, he was just out of wit at the moment.

So, while trembling and shivering in his speech to Orphan, all Little Ghost could advise the boy was "don't mourn and don't touch her body for three days."

True enough, the night Liv Nyug alighted on a dry branch of a tall tree over a mountain and sang his funeral song into the valley, Orphan's hottie slowly died and her soul traveled directly to Liv Nyug's back and got carried straight to the Demon's palace.

Little Ghost ended up joining the spirit world's wedding feast shortly after.

There's a method to get rid of Liv Nyug. It's in the bible that y'all normally worship to. 8)

« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 02:33:41 PM by Reporter »

Offline TheAfterLife

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2020, 08:08:15 PM »
Liv Nyug is one tough guy to kill, as can be demonstrated in the story of the Little Ghost.

The beast was top of three demonic servants to the Lord of the Underworld. The other two were the serpant and the centipede.

Liv Nyug came out top because his strategy isn't close contact; rather, he calls forth the soul of a living being from the distance. The advantage of  his tactic is no one could reach close enough to kill him.

Meanwhile, both the centipede and the serpent need actual physical touch to harm their victims. Spraying their venoms onto their preys' skins just won't kill; they have to bite into the skins and release the venoms into the blood stream to numb up their victims.

Little Ghost knew all this. When Liv Nyug was summoned by the Underworld Demon Lord to call off the soul of Orphan's Princess hottie, Little Ghost knew he couldn't trap it or get close contacts for a kill like he did to the serpent and the centipede. In fact, he was just out of wit at the moment.

So, while trembling and shivering in his speech to Orphan, all Little Ghost could advise the boy was "don't mourn and don't touch her body for three days."

True enough, the night Liv Nyug alighted on a dry branch of a tall tree over a mountain and sang his funeral song into the valley, Orphan's hottie slowly died and her soul traveled directly to Liv Nyug's back and got carried straight to the Demon's palace.

Little Ghost ended up joining the spirit world's wedding feast shortly after.

You seem to be more informed. Please, tell us more about the centipede and those legends. Hmong people need to collect these scary folktales to be on our record for history.

Offline Visualmon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2020, 11:15:20 PM »
Not enough, bros. I like to see some illustrations from the descriptions.  :)

Offline TheAfterLife

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2020, 12:43:51 AM »
If the Japanese has their myth collection, we must do the same.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline TheAfterLife

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2020, 08:05:34 PM »
 O0

Offline Visualmon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2020, 05:21:17 AM »
The image is missing on Amazon when I click on that link.  ??? :-\

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2020, 04:47:27 PM »

Offline Visualmon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2020, 05:37:22 PM »
Really?

Might want to use a computer instead of your phone.

https://www.amazon.com/Myths-Legends-Folk-Tales-Hmong/dp/B001DJ33PG

https://www.amazon.com/Myths-Legends-Tales-Hmong-Hmoob/dp/B000MD348A

I'm on my laptop when I click on the first link that you provided. Somehow the second URL address do work. I don't think it's my laptop. I believe the seller failed to upload correct image format so it didn't show up on the first link.  :)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2020, 09:06:38 AM »
Ok.

Those stories I used to listen to around fireplaces back in Laos and Thailand.

I'm on my laptop when I click on the first link that you provided. Somehow the second URL address do work. I don't think it's my laptop. I believe the seller failed to upload correct image format so it didn't show up on the first link.  :)

Advertisements