Advertisement

Author Topic: Living in cold States...  (Read 1664 times)

Offline Kong Vang

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
Living in cold States...
« on: December 02, 2020, 05:10:55 PM »
Personally, I don’t care for the snow and all that’s associated with it... icy roads, rust, heating bill, snow removal, and freezing weather in general. So for those living in up in Minn and Wisc, what’s the draw for you? Is it really that bad and what keeps you from relocating to warmer weather??

« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 05:18:30 PM by Kong Vang »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: Living in cold States...
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 05:33:28 PM »
Just like a farm fish being planted in foreign waters, he will swim around the location of where he was planted in hoping to catch the next ride out to the next pond. 

In other words, home is where the heart is.  If that is all you know then that is all you will claim.  Your social structures are there and it completes you. 

Now to move away, you have to give up your comparability.  You have to see the benefits of being in a new place by choice.  Just like a striving student who left the next to study far away from home, they are doing it for their future as they see a good future in it.  If I have no friends, no family, no love life, I would be a free agent to move anywhere I wanna be at.  I would then be a drifter, a no hometown homer just like my dad, the champion of my family's explorer.  He ventured out to find new life and he brings the rest of us over.  From Atlanta to narleans and now to cali.  If he was young once again, I'm sure we would move again after he finds out the good gold rush in another land. 

We all moved together.  Had one of us were still stuck somewhere in lets say texas, I would of build up the capital and pump that money over there to build up our foundation.  Even some places in florida, a house by the beach can be had for under 100k but then again, they never post a picture of them hurricanes and them houses that you are buying are from previous tenants who ran away because of them hurricanes.  So you are pumping the money to buy the whole block and waiting for the hurricane to knock it down and cost you more money?   Eff that   :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 05:34:12 PM »
I think you California folks getting the wrong impression

You know there snow plow truck
And salt truck
That run all day and night

The road are good
I just drive my sedan car fine

People drive corolla just ok

ITS ONLY COLD
BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT DRESS PROPERLY

God did not created man...man created god

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 05:35:18 PM »
You guys come up here with your sweatshirt
OF COURSE
YOU GOING BE COLD

hahahaha

Gotta dress good man
I can fish in negative temperatures
And be hella warm

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2020, 05:44:29 PM »
I think you California folks getting the wrong impression

You know there snow plow truck
And salt truck
That run all day and night

The road are good
I just drive my sedan car fine

People drive corolla just ok

ITS ONLY COLD
BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT DRESS PROPERLY

You defending your state like 49 other guys in them other 49 other states were measuring their dix. 

How about if I say.... because yall don't have a Disneyland and cali do so what now?   :2funny:

The question asking is more deeper than what I got over here vs you don't have other there.  It wants to know in further details to the why that people decided to stay or to flee. 

No pun intended but theking would probably say that he hates to be in an area that would put him near you.  How about that for a coop out answer?   :2funny:

Like this post: +1

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2020, 06:11:32 PM »
Don’t wear them sweater coat
You need real thermal insulation coat that trap your body heat

Them sweater coat is only good for going in and out of places

If you plan on staying out
Gotta dress right

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2020, 06:12:08 PM »
Them redneck are cool
Just want to be left alone

Don’t chai vang trespass
Know your public land vs private

They just sizing you up before they eat you up like a snake

You should come to california where you can make the money like theking and sit in a $500 chair. 

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2020, 10:36:06 PM »
FACT:

"Winter is the rough season in Wisconsin. Between December and February the daytime highs rarely top 30°F, and night lows dip well below freezing. Wisconsin gets a lot of snow, with an average of 40 inches in the south and up to 160 inches in the north within the Lake Superior snowbelt.

The worst time to visit Wisconsin is the harsh winter season from December to February, particularly in the northern highlands and areas near Lake Superior, which see a large amount of snow that often crosses 100" (2540mm)."

Offline Kong Vang

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2020, 03:59:19 PM »
Just like a farm fish being planted in foreign waters, he will swim around the location of where he was planted in hoping to catch the next ride out to the next pond. 

In other words, home is where the heart is.  If that is all you know then that is all you will claim.  Your social structures are there and it completes you. 

Now to move away, you have to give up your comparability.  You have to see the benefits of being in a new place by choice.  Just like a striving student who left the next to study far away from home, they are doing it for their future as they see a good future in it.  If I have no friends, no family, no love life, I would be a free agent to move anywhere I wanna be at.  I would then be a drifter, a no hometown homer just like my dad, the champion of my family's explorer.  He ventured out to find new life and he brings the rest of us over.  From Atlanta to narleans and now to cali.  If he was young once again, I'm sure we would move again after he finds out the good gold rush in another land. 

We all moved together.  Had one of us were still stuck somewhere in lets say texas, I would of build up the capital and pump that money over there to build up our foundation.  Even some places in florida, a house by the beach can be had for under 100k but then again, they never post a picture of them hurricanes and them houses that you are buying are from previous tenants who ran away because of them hurricanes.  So you are pumping the money to buy the whole block and waiting for the hurricane to knock it down and cost you more money?   Eff that   :2funny:

Your first two paragraph were very insightful but then you lost me... I am asking because in 5 years time, I will be leaving my current residence, possibly this country to retire. If my plans and investments holds true, I will be looking for a warm place to call home. Currently Thailand and Portugal are my top choices. I have traveled alone many times but this will obviously be a more permanent scenario.

Are we truly tied to those things we know and are comfortable with??? Or can we start anew elsewhere?

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2020, 06:14:08 PM »
Damn dude.... kong vang
You ever travel before???

Once you leave mn, wis, California
Hmong people are hard to find

I was in Tennessee and its all redneck country
Not a brother in sight

YOU GOING START MISSING HMONG FOLKS
TRUST ME I KNOW

Offline Kong Vang

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2020, 12:38:23 PM »
Damn dude.... kong vang
You ever travel before???

Once you leave mn, wis, California
Hmong people are hard to find

I was in Tennessee and its all redneck country
Not a brother in sight

YOU GOING START MISSING HMONG FOLKS
TRUST ME I KNOW

I live a pretty active lifestyle and I have friends of all race and color right now... so I don’t believe I will miss conversing with Hmong people. I think having true friends are more important than being around people just because you’re of the same race. I understand there is security and comfort in being with people who thinks, eats, and have the same beliefs as you do but that same sense of security can be found anywhere.

My Portuguese and Thai is a little weak, but luckily English is widely spoken in Portugal and Thailand.

Don’t worry too much,  I will come back to visit and plan to retain my USA citizenship.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2020, 12:47:19 PM »
I live a pretty active lifestyle and I have friends of all race and color right now... so I don’t believe I will miss conversing with Hmong people. I think having true friends are more important than being around people just because you’re of the same race. I understand there is security and comfort in being with people who thinks, eats, and have the same beliefs as you do but that same sense of security can be found anywhere.

My Portuguese and Thai is a little weak, but luckily English is widely spoken in Portugal and Thailand.

Don’t worry too much,  I will come back to visit and plan to retain my USA citizenship.

just trust me on this one... bro
you going be missing your family and hmong people

i had to go work in the south for a bit, a year
hot as hell
i started having depression, missing my family and girl
 ;D O0

just redneck and kaydoo everywhere
not a brother in sight

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2020, 03:22:23 PM »

He won't get that simple but common sense FACT due to his narrow mind. He's doesn't get out much and never left the basement so he thinks everything in the world is exactly like what he sees in the basement..

I'm like you, character is more important than race and/or ethnicity when it comes to friends.. O0

Offline Kong Vang

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2020, 04:44:46 PM »
He won't get that simple but common sense FACT due to his narrow mind. He's doesn't get out much and never left the basement so he thinks everything in the world is exactly like what he sees in the basement..

I'm like you, character is more important than race and/or ethnicity when it comes to friends.. O0

Agreed, I have met racist and ignorant Hmong people too including my a few within own family... so discrimination is not isolated to just whites, blacks, browns or reds. Stupid comes in all shapes and colors. Character is key, and it starts with the one in the mirror.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2020, 04:49:36 PM »
lol

Wtf guys talking about

I say once you leave and go live somewhere
Where there no hmong people