Advertisement

Author Topic: Enough politics, distraction post.  (Read 2211 times)

Offline Kong Vang

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
Enough politics, distraction post.
« on: December 07, 2020, 11:33:00 AM »
How do you deal with Stress? Or worst, anxiety and depression?

Traditional- your soul has wondered off and evil spirits have hold of it?
Western Beliefs- chemical imbalance in you?

Or do you self medicate? Drugs and alcohol?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
Re: Enough politics, distraction post.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 12:05:09 PM »
this

i having a drinking problem

God did not created man...man created god

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 12:50:07 PM »
Rock boy, you got the Western syndrome lol

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2020, 01:26:16 PM »
turn to soft addictions.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2020, 02:03:12 PM »
Rock boy, you got the Western syndrome lol

Its good stuff
We lived here now
So gotta assimilate
And eat and drink what the white man do

Can’t beat them
Join them

Offline Kong Vang

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2020, 02:13:06 PM »
I was diagnose with severe depression about 10 years ago... so, I will share with you the things that have worked for me. While traveling thru Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam, I found Buddhism. Granted I am not a Buddhist, but I love the teaching it has to offer. To that end, here is what I have done.

Stress - I have tried to eliminate stress from my life as much as possible.  I stopped watching TV all together, Theater movies is the only exception. I am not on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, PH is the only exception.

Material things -  I have downsized to a smaller home so my mortgage is drastically decreased and is cheaper to operate. I own 2 dress shoes, 1 sneaker and 1 sandal. I have 5 dress shirts and 5 dress pants. I own 5 t-shirts and 3 jeans, 2 shorts, 2 jackets - 1 light and 1 heavy. I have one car.

Debt - Aside from my mortgage, I don't any other debt.

Relationships - I am currently single and I am enjoying it, I like the freedom. A future relationship is also possible.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 02:17:22 PM by Kong Vang »

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2020, 04:01:55 PM »
Kong- Good list.  We need to downsize like you.  My closet is too full..I think I have 3 closet full but they include wardrobe from 10 + years ago.  Time to donate!  Too many shoes to count... and probably takes the rest of my life to pay off my bills ::) ::) ::)

Anyway, faith in God, a positive attitude, and a loving spouse - helps.

Having a good life partner is the biggest life de-stressor.

Like this post: +1
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Kong Vang

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2020, 05:36:26 PM »
Kong- Good list.  We need to downsize like you.  My closet is too full..I think I have 3 closet full but they include wardrobe from 10 + years ago.  Time to donate!  Too many shoes to count... and probably takes the rest of my life to pay off my bills ::) ::) ::)

Anyway, faith in God, a positive attitude, and a loving spouse - helps.

Having a good life partner is the biggest life de-stressor.

Hey Chanpa, I love your name. It’s my favorite flower in the world.

My list is simple but I hope everyone understand I did not get here overnight. It was a hard process with lots of trial and errors filled with lots of withdrawals..I just did not cold turkey my way thru it so don’t be too impressed. But as you can see I have proven it can work... but like most things, the real question is does it work and was it worth it.

For me, yes. I am 100 times more happy than I ever was. I don’t miss the distractions and burdens of keeping things. I have a lot of free time and I am a lot better off financially! From time to time, my depressions still surfaces, but it’s more manageable and less frequent now. Good luck to you and your spouse.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 05:39:28 PM by Kong Vang »

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2020, 06:20:36 PM »
I eat less and exercise more.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2020, 06:21:56 PM »
I’m not used to alcohol at all.

this

i having a drinking problem

"...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2020, 06:24:11 PM »
The single life gets rid of stress.

But Mai Love and I will try hard not to give each other any stress.

I was diagnose with severe depression about 10 years ago... so, I will share with you the things that have worked for me. While traveling thru Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam, I found Buddhism. Granted I am not a Buddhist, but I love the teaching it has to offer. To that end, here is what I have done.

Stress - I have tried to eliminate stress from my life as much as possible.  I stopped watching TV all together, Theater movies is the only exception. I am not on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, PH is the only exception.

Material things -  I have downsized to a smaller home so my mortgage is drastically decreased and is cheaper to operate. I own 2 dress shoes, 1 sneaker and 1 sandal. I have 5 dress shirts and 5 dress pants. I own 5 t-shirts and 3 jeans, 2 shorts, 2 jackets - 1 light and 1 heavy. I have one car.

Debt - Aside from my mortgage, I don't any other debt.

Relationships - I am currently single and I am enjoying it, I like the freedom. A future relationship is also possible.

"...

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2020, 06:31:20 PM »
I’m not used to alcohol at all.

I like a good drink
Fine wine
Whiskey
Spice rum
Moonshine
Etc...

I like them all

Helps me relax

We can just chill in my basement and drink

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2020, 06:43:06 PM »
How do you deal with Stress? Or worst, anxiety and depression?

Traditional- your soul has wondered off and evil spirits have hold of it?
Western Beliefs- chemical imbalance in you?

Or do you self medicate? Drugs and alcohol?

That's pretty easy for me. I just live life to the fullest by doing all the things I enjoy as much as possible..such as traveling to places I want to see, eat the food I want to eat, etc. O0

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2020, 08:37:20 PM »
The funny thing is that we all have problems in our lives and like a school assignment, those too have due dates.   I remembered not doing any projects and would see these due dates elapse and I would get an F for the grade.  It doesn't bother me much because that stress is like lifted off your shoulder.  Even in college, dropping a class with a W felt so good.  You are on an F route in such class and to drop it feels so effing good like you just don't know. 

Same thing with life challenges, those too have due dates.  It is there and a day goes by is a day closer to the due dates.  Once you tackle you problems and can breathe again, it feels good.....until the next problem arises.

I am in solitude right now.  I am at peace with myself and I am numb to all stress factors out there.  I wake up and do things and then night fall, I go to sleep and even with that, I don't think about anything much these days.  Stress are there but with mind over matter, I acted like it doesn't exist.  The more I think about it and be analytical and critical about the way I think, I can go deep and meaningful with it and it starts to get scarier.  I just stopped doing what I used to do and going back to basic. 

I now know what my great religious aunt went through as she was living a carefree life and dedicated herself to the religion.  She raises us by giving us to her god.  Any stress she gets due to us, she gave it to her god thus why there is a line quote by kaydoo that goes like..  "Jesus takes the wheel" 

It is a mental illness some say but I dont' see it.  Do you suppose a crazy person even knows that they are crazy?  Maybe the world is crazy but not them.  It is sort of like that.  I know I'm going through something but I have no name to associate it with.  All I know is that this pandemic has changed my life and is making me numb.   My friend dad just died over the weekend.  Instead of consulting him to help him go through with it, I'm just so accepting this whole death deal that death is common and the devil in me would come out and tell the poor guy that he shouldn't grieve like this.  Easier said than done right cuz it is not my dad but his dad although my dad is going through Alzheimer symptoms just like his dad and the guy can croak at any minute too.

The source for this is after the death of my friend through covid a few months back.  It changes my views and perceptions and I almost blame it on God.  Doubts would creep on in and given a few months after, I over came it.  God is still good.   :2funny:

I have no relationship with my friends, drinking buddies.  One of them deleted my number cuz I don't call him anymore.  NOt even a text and I know for sure that he deleted my number as he deleted his bestfriend's numbers too.  I know this because this bestfriends of his is now my informant.  To make matters worse, I caught fishes and unlike before, we would post pix and brag about it and put our friend's tot he hot spot.  All that changes and I don't do that anymore and because I do reach out to my friends anymore, this one guy would have the decency to say that I'm a hater and shady for not sharing the hot spot.  I'm like fool, you deleted my number thus why you don't ask and if you dont' ask, not my problem for not sharing.  He threw the first stone so of speak.

So anyways, stress due to this unprecedented times are there.  We just got to figure out how we are going to handle it.  I'm keeping myself busy these days.  I am even lucky to have the time for PH.  I took up another job to keep my mind busy so I don't have to deal with them stress that is usually there.  80 hours a week of work.  3 hours of sleep each night.  No time to work out.  Cardio vascular disease who knows is in my future so then this is my underlying condition so I need to be careful not to catch covid or else I might be done.  If I don't ph with you guys for a month, know that I'm a victim of covid.  I don't go too long without phing with you guys. 

I'm not a workaholic by choice.  I do it to hide away from my problems.  If work doesn't pay, I would do it for free and that is some serious sick mental health illness there folks. 

So to sum it up, No dating, no sex, no booze, no gambling (sports included), no wants and needs so I'm not buying anything and just like a guy going through a bad divorce or got dump, I pick up my fishing pole and I go fishing solo which then is another added on mental illness issue.  The hell is wrong with me?  From an extrovert with everything in the world to now a prisoner of my own demises. 

Vaccine is coming but even with that too is questionable.  You see, to those who already are done with having children, you guys are safe.  With people like myself whom have yet to produce, we just don't know if our offspring will inherited this weird dna fusion for the worst or the best.  This vaccine works by changing our genes or mutate us so that our immune system can sense it and to fight it.  If only facebook can see what I just said there, they will surely block me for fake news.   :2funny:

So yeah guys, thanks for reading and I'm about to get off, go find food, sleep for a few hours and work again the night job.  I'm now a bird who doesn't need to think.  I have a busy schedule, I just do it to kill time and when I am awaken once again, the world will be better and I'll be rich.  yeah that.   :idiot2:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2020, 09:00:57 PM »
Stress relievers for me are workouts or music.  ;D

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Advertisements