Advertisement

Author Topic: I had a beetle like this back in the refugee camp in Thailand and it was  (Read 618 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1323
    • View Profile
..unbeaten. Then our bus came by to bring us to Bangkok to get processed for our flight to America so had to give it to my best friend at the camp. Took this photo in D.C.  O0:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
Re: I had a beetle like this back in the refugee camp in Thailand and it was
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 11:54:37 AM »
I got plenty of those too back in Laos and Thailand. It was fun putting them to battles with your friends lol

Like this post: +1
I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2020, 02:34:15 PM »
Similar memories, not only did we fought them, we mated them too. With just two sticks, all the local kids could have a blast. Who remembered putting rubber bands in gas to expand it big, tops, bananas with rice, or showers in the rain? This one was thrusted every morning from the speakers through out the camp, Thai national anthem. Part of the anthem still remains inside my head. How about death drums? Seemed to always be playing continuously.

Like this post: +1

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2020, 09:17:16 PM »
Similar memories, not only did we fought them, we mated them too. With just two sticks, all the local kids could have a blast. Who remembered putting rubber bands in gas to expand it big, tops, bananas with rice, or showers in the rain? This one was thrusted every morning from the speakers through out the camp, Thai national anthem. Part of the anthem still remains inside my head. How about death drums? Seemed to always be playing continuously.

Speaking of "rubber bands", we made slingshots out of it as well as cars...in the refugee camp.

When Hmong women are done using the threads, we would ask for the spools. We put a stick through the center of the spool, put some candle wax on the end and use rubber bands to wind and torque it up and then let it roll around on the ground.  O0:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2020, 09:20:08 PM »
I got plenty of those too back in Laos and Thailand. It was fun putting them to battles with your friends lol

Not sure about you but I've had better luck with the black ones vs. the brown ones in terms of winning the fight... ???

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2021, 04:25:48 PM »

Great memories!

Theravada

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2021, 04:26:04 PM »
Not sure about you but I've had better luck with the black ones vs. the brown ones in terms of winning the fight... ???

Black ones looks more fierce!

Theravada

Advertisements