Advertisement

Author Topic: Happiness is in the doing not the goal.  (Read 1220 times)

Offline Kong Vang

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
Happiness is in the doing not the goal.
« on: February 04, 2021, 10:47:45 AM »
While completing something, in of itself may be satisfying and gratifying, it is only short lived in my humble opinion. Real joy comes from the act of doing something...

Raising a child.
Romancing your wife or girlfriend.
Building a career or business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYlsIZXCQa4

This short film illustrates my point exactly. His life, simple and plain, is full of joy, knowing that each day, he did something useful and for the good of all.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Happiness is in the doing not the goal.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 12:45:42 PM »
So, only men get to enjoy, huh?

While completing something, in of itself may be satisfying and gratifying, it is only short lived in my humble opinion. Real joy comes from the act of doing something...

Raising a child.
Romancing your wife or girlfriend.
Building a career or business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYlsIZXCQa4

This short film illustrates my point exactly. His life, simple and plain, is full of joy, knowing that each day, he did something useful and for the good of all.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Kong Vang

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 02:08:19 PM »
So, only men get to enjoy, huh?

Maybe that's why I am still single... waiting for the right woman.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2021, 02:11:36 PM »
Maybe that's why I am still single... waiting for the right woman.
What's your definition of "the right woman" j/w.  Anyway, doing and goal, both are important for my happiness.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Kong Vang

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2021, 04:17:15 PM »
What's your definition of "the right woman" j/w.  Anyway, doing and goal, both are important for my happiness.

Awesome Champa...

Most people don’t have your insight, in my experience, and they are confused in believing that once they reach a specific goal then they are automatically granted truck loads of happiness.

I hear this a lot from many close to me... “I will be happy when I graduate with my degree”, and after graduating, I hear “I will be happy when I find a job” then it’s “ I will be happy when I get a raise” next is “ I will be happy when I get married “, “I will be happy when I buy my house”, “ I will be happy when I have a child”, “I will be happy when I child grows older”, then “ I will be happy when my child goes to college”, or lastly “I will be happy when I am retired “

I can go on all day long.. but this list is endless.

My point is, why not have joy in doing those things, find joy in the moment. Why can’t you be happy in doing all these things right now?!

« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 04:37:17 PM by Kong Vang »

Offline Kong Vang

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2021, 04:23:14 PM »
There is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, the wealth you are seeking is seeing the rainbow and appreciating it.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2021, 10:35:52 AM »
Having that gratitude mindset is important for happiness.  Also, in this country, you have the ability to chartered your life, goals, etc.. and live life how you want/wish to live.

Also, human are not meant to be alone.  Life is more fulfilling if you have someone to share it with, to love, to hold, etc....

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2021, 02:44:05 PM »
Tell that to the virgins who want a fairy tale wedding that will be happy ever after...someth ing like that.

There is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, the wealth you are seeking is seeing the rainbow and appreciating it.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 02:53:33 PM by Reporter »

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Kong Vang

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2021, 05:23:53 PM »
Having that gratitude mindset is important for happiness.  Also, in this country, you have the ability to chartered your life, goals, etc.. and live life how you want/wish to live.

Also, human are not meant to be alone.  Life is more fulfilling if you have someone to share it with, to love, to hold, etc....

I don't like to post about myself, not because I am special or I have something to hide, but I don't want my life to take away from the message. However, if my poor example of a life does help, I will gladly share. I was married at once and went thru a really messy divorce. When the dust settled, I was totally drained, both emotional and financially.

When I look back at it, I was not a good husband and she was not a good wife. We both did not enjoy the moment, the daily struggles, our needs for attention, paying the bills, or just enjoying each other's company. We were so focus on the future that we forgot why we got married. She and i have since reconcile our differences and are good friends now, with much regrets, but with the understanding that it was best that we continue our separate lives.

I am single by choice, I am happy and content right now. Things may change, who knows.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2021, 05:31:58 PM »

Depends as some are totally content being "alone" and feel like having "someone" to share their life with will hinder that alone happiness..

I am single by choice, I am happy and content right now. Things may change, who knows.

Yep one shoe doesn't fit all which is why I've said, marriage and/or having kids is NOT a requirement in life, it's a "choice"..

Advertisements