Advertisement

Author Topic: "go to college..get a degree..if you want to be rich" <<oh brother...BS thinkin  (Read 1089 times)

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
look man, real talk
some people ain't going make it (schooling)
not everyone can become doctors and lawyer

just asking for properly wages
so they can go on vacation, relax and clear their mind and mental health being
pay their bill and rents and still have money to go out and eat at the restaurant  O0
happy people tend to do less crime

tired of these SLAVE WAGES

wealth and income inequality if OFF THE HOOK, bro

got rich ass white meeka kid who lost over $300k on robinhood
and didn't even flinch a bit ;D ;D

meanwhile the average joe working 9-5
standing in the food bank line

Like this post: 0
God did not created man...man created god

Adverstisement

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
A lot of people ain’t going make it
Thats just a cold fact

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal,

Lets share the pie
Let other go enjoy vacation and restaurant

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
what they don't teach you in school, or tell you rather, is that you don't have to be smart, just have a ton of heart ..In America, you just keep trying until or unless your hands and feet breaks off in the process..the odds of that happening is slim to none...lols

i know some people that took 10 years or more just to get their bachelors..and constant begging and persistence to get the dream job...

persistence and sweet talking is not my style....so I went with the self reliant and self hustle route....hahah a I only work for the retirement pensions and life time health care really...haha j/k...I work hard because i believe in it...i use to think it's slavery and robbery too...but the Sky King made me undertand....l ife is not a gift, life is a mission, and everyone's mission is different..At the same time the sky king does not force anyone to listen to him...or her...or it...haha hell yeah...The Sky King has been great to me yo...Im not where I am if I didn't listen to the Sky King...haha

my friend still owe $30k+ in student loan debt
pretty sad, man

Offline one-tai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
I'll give you some facts. Historically, we have never had more than 40 percent of Americans with college degrees. Of that, 44 percent of college graduates work in careers that have nothing to do with their degrees.

College isn't for everyone. Can you still make a living without a college degree? Absolutely. Personally, more important than a college degree is being financially responsible. I know folks who were pre-law in debt 100k making 40k. Is that being financially responsible? No. And for the folks who say, "well I/they needed that experience." Da'fawk! No one, especially our society needs to add to the 1.6 trillion student loan debt we're in.

Fawk Bernie Sanders and those dumb-ass politicians who say, "College for everyone!" I'm glad dumb ass politicians like Bernie aren't anything more than what they are. And these fawking career politicians need to get their ass booted out of office. Screw these dumb-ass politicians.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
People who think you go to college to get rich are wrong.  College is where you go to learn to be a better you.  If you're going there to get rich, there are easier ways and you'll be disappointed to find out that college isn't there to help people get rich.  It helps them get educated.  What they do with that education is up to them. 

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
I'll give you some facts. Historically, we have never had more than 40 percent of Americans with college degrees. Of that, 44 percent of college graduates work in careers that have nothing to do with their degrees.

College isn't for everyone. Can you still make a living without a college degree? Absolutely. Personally, more important than a college degree is being financially responsible. I know folks who were pre-law in debt 100k making 40k. Is that being financially responsible? No. And for the folks who say, "well I/they needed that experience." Da'fawk! No one, especially our society needs to add to the 1.6 trillion student loan debt we're in.

Fawk Bernie Sanders and those dumb-ass politicians who say, "College for everyone!" I'm glad dumb ass politicians like Bernie aren't anything more than what they are. And these fawking career politicians need to get their ass booted out of office. Screw these dumb-ass politicians.

like i say man
not everyone is going make it (schooling)
i remember going to the local tech to get my accounting certificate/degree
half the people drop out within the first 1-2 week   :2funny: O0

we just need to stop overpaiding folks
put a maximum wage limit
spread the wealth.....don't eat all the pie

you know freakin ELON MUSK make $700 million!!!
that's like the eating the whole pie and leaving bread crump for others

those CEO are really sneaky and CON MAN
they take a $0 salary but get tons of $$$$ in stock compensation

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
People who think you go to college to get rich are wrong.  College is where you go to learn to be a better you.  If you're going there to get rich, there are easier ways and you'll be disappointed to find out that college isn't there to help people get rich.  It helps them get educated.  What they do with that education is up to them.

like i say man
friend of mine still owe $30k in student loan debt
we in our early 30s
:2funny: :2funny:

that's is a nice small house 1 bedroom house here in wisconsin

:2funny: :2funny: O0

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +648
    • View Profile
I don’t see education as BS, as a matter of fact, I encourage it. You have the rights to see what you want to see even if you can’t grasp the picture. Same for me, I am a student of learning.

Offline starchaser1989

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +60
    • View Profile
Here's my two cent about College. 

First, choose a degree/major that is demanding with abundance of jobs that pays well.  Second, be committed/devoted and don't give up. You will eventually graduate.  If a immigrant from Africa who barely speak English who work a full time job plus going to school can do it, you can to. I know a few of these committed, do or die Somalian coworker. 

Benefit of College:  It get in you in the door for good jobs that required a 4 year degree.  It gives you more opportunities by meeting the minimum qualification like a college degree.  More opportunities means more chance of landing a good job and a better paying job. 

Having a degree is like having a ticket that will get you pass the gate to better opportunities.  If you don't have it, chances are you will never get pass the gate.  Do remember that a degree don't mean you will be financially successful.  I seen it with my own children that's why I encourage them to get at least a BS/BA or higher.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 01:07:49 PM by starchaser1989 »

Offline one-tai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
While I don't oppose going to college, I do oppose going to college to "find yourself". Go to college if you know exactly what you want from it. Don't go if you don't know what you want yet because college can be a big waste of time and money.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Those who can't pinch themselves at home to know who they are must go to college to know themselves.

While I don't oppose going to college, I do oppose going to college to "find yourself". Go to college if you know exactly what you want from it. Don't go if you don't know what you want yet because college can be a big waste of time and money.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
I don’t see education as BS, as a matter of fact, I encourage it. You have the rights to see what you want to see even if you can’t grasp the picture. Same for me, I am a student of learning.

That will go "over his head" too and keep in mind you're talking to someone that thinks a person that work hard through life and/or school to earn what they earn should only get paid the same as a person that's not willing to put in the time nor hard work, lives in others' basement and leeches off them.

Advertisements