Advertisement

Author Topic: CA_AB 453 Stealthing  (Read 382 times)

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
CA_AB 453 Stealthing
« on: February 10, 2021, 08:46:57 PM »
 ???:

California may make it illegal to remove a condom without consent

California Assembly Bill 453 would make stealthing a crime punishable by law if passed.
Stealthing refers to the act of removing a condom without your partner's knowledge or consent.
While it is a known form of sexual assault, no existing state or federal laws prohibit stealthing.

A new bill could make California the first state in the US to make stealthing – removing a condom without a person's consent – illegal.

If passed, AB 453 would categorize stealthing as a form of sexual battery and allow survivors to sue for emotional and physical damages.

The bill would amend the state definition of sexual battery to include a person "who causes contact between a penis, from which a condom has been removed, and the intimate part of another who did not verbally consent to the condom being removed."

Assemblywoman Cristina Garcia (D-Bell Gardens) told the Los Angeles Times that, while stealthing has been an existing problem, it has gone unrecognized legally because of its covert nature.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: CA_AB 453 Stealthing
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 08:59:05 AM »
3 Women Open Up About Their Experiences With Stealthing

"I felt like I wasn't entitled to be angry because I consented to having sex both times."

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: CA_AB 453 Stealthing
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 09:07:34 AM »
I’m Not Sure This Is Rape, But: An Exposition of the Stealthing Trend

Upholding the sexual and reproductive rights of all women and girls has been flagged as a global priority. However, the hetero-patriarchal actions and systems within which female sexuality and reproduction is situated not only disenfranchise s women of these rights, but it sometimes usurps these rights from them, without them knowing. One such act, is the practice of stealthing. This conceptual article argues that the stealthing trend is a relevant construct in the human and social sciences because it has a detrimental impact on female sexuality and gender-based sexual violence. Through both a conceptual scrutiny of the construct and through online narratives of stealthing, this article not only establishes stealthing as a distinctive form of gender-based sexual violence, it also establishes it as a practice that deviously subjugates female sexuality and reproduction under the guise of sexual autonomy and sexual consent.

Advertisements