Advertisement

Author Topic: President of China Comes to Hmong Village  (Read 2591 times)

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +365
    • View Profile

Like this post: 0
There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Adverstisement

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Re: President of China Comes to Hmong Village
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 11:37:50 AM »
You know, I actually like Pres. Xi.. he seems like a humble Pres. and a Pres. of the people and for the people.  I read somewhere when he a young man, he spend some times working as a manual labor and lived among the poor, farmers, etc..  He probably saw first hand their living conditions and when he became Pres. he strives to bring change to them for a better life. 

Here's an interesting side of Pres. Xi...he has been friend w/ an American family from Iowa for a long times....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0kfCrtGiGk&feature=emb_logo&ab_channel=CNAInsider

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 01:01:41 PM »
Damn. I totally read that wrong. I was questioning why he would be in America, much less at Hmong Village in Minnesota.  ;D

Got me too. I was sure I was being Rick Roll'd.

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 11:48:06 PM »
I don't know about this, but I don't trust the Han as much after reading our history books.

But still.... I want a Chinese wife so badly.

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 11:53:19 PM »
You know, I actually like Pres. Xi.. he seems like a humble Pres. and a Pres. of the people and for the people.  I read somewhere when he a young man, he spend some times working as a manual labor and lived among the poor, farmers, etc..  He probably saw first hand their living conditions and when he became Pres. he strives to bring change to them for a better life. 

Here's an interesting side of Pres. Xi...he has been friend w/ an American family from Iowa for a long times....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0kfCrtGiGk&feature=emb_logo&ab_channel=CNAInsider

He seems to be open minded toward our Hmong culture especially the foods and new year festival. Somehow the oppression on Hong Kong's independence still lingering and boggling in my mind.

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2021, 12:48:10 AM »
Because those Hmongs are red and not blue like America.

What are the colors have to do with the ethnicity?  ???

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2021, 10:09:44 PM »
I didn't say anything about ethnicity; I said about political preferences. They are red; we are blue. I thought you will catch this color meaning by its figurative speech. I guess not. The truth is, "I don't like Hmong Communist." Why? Because I don't like when a government takes over my businesses at all. Therefore, do you want the reds to steal and rob of what you made? It's no wonder why the little red hen hates the duck, dog, and the cat because they are lazy.

According to the Chinese, the color red indicate as 'good luck charm' during their new year festival. Red is all over the place: lantern, envelope with money in it, bride and groom's gown, flag, traditional clothing.  ;D

https://youtu.be/O_KpLrHCAx0

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2021, 03:52:32 PM »
He seems to be open minded toward our Hmong culture especially the foods and new year festival. Somehow the oppression on Hong Kong's independence still lingering and boggling in my mind.
In general, he's a good leader but regarding Hong Kong, the end goal is to bring the country under China so he's doing the right thing for his country.  For the people of HK, that's not what they want.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2021, 06:32:21 PM »
In general, he's a good leader but regarding Hong Kong, the end goal is to bring the country under China so he's doing the right thing for his country.  For the people of HK, that's not what they want.

It's up to HK to decide to do with their freedom instead of being ruled under mainland of China. Both HK and China fought so long.
Same thing applied to Taiwan. They used to be Chinese but fled far south to create their own country. Even nowaday Taiwanese still defending their country with military warfare from being overtaken by mainland.

Advertisements