Advertisement

Poll

Would you allow your children to marry out of race?

Yes
8 (88.9%)
No
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Interracial marriages  (Read 5714 times)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Interracial marriages
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2021, 03:34:33 PM »
Just because I haven't eaten steak doesn't mean I'm not open to eating it. Being open to eating it doesn't mean I have to eat it. I'll eat it only if it doesn't cause me health issues.

Ok, most of you have said you are open to interracial marriage, have anyone been in a interracial relationship before besides DaCurses?  I can say I like steak but if I've never eaten steak, do I really like it? something like that...

Like this post: 0
"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Adverstisement

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2021, 03:50:22 PM »
Just because I haven't eaten steak doesn't mean I'm not open to eating it. Being open to eating it doesn't mean I have to eat it. I'll eat it only if it doesn't cause me health issues.
But have you ever eaten steak?  I mean, if a person claim to like steak but never eaten ONCE....  and when I say eaten a steak, I mean opening your heart to dating other race.  When you open your heart, you will find beauty in another race and you will not help yourself but end up w/ at least a minimum of 1 relationship.. .. but if you close your heart and say you are open, is that really open?

I don't know The King and DaCurse but on responds, I can say they are OPEN to interracial marriages.... They try the steak, probably variety of steaks actually... I'm guessing.

I have not open my heart to dating outside of my race and so I don't seek it and when I don't see it , I don't find it, plain and simple...UNLES S fate in the universe throws it my way....  but that's life, sometimes fate in the universe throws things at us w/ out seeking...

« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 08:52:05 PM by Dok_Champa »

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2021, 04:46:10 PM »
Bring me a hot steaming steak to me and see if I won't eat it. I'll tell you what it tastes like, too, afterwards.

That's what I mean by being open to eating steak.

But if there's no steak, how do I eat it? Can't eat what's not there.

I am not going to eat just any steak though.

But have you ever eaten steak?  I mean, if a person claim to like steak but never eaten ONCE....  and when I say eaten a steak, I mean opening your heart to dating other race.  When you open your heart, you will find beauty in another race and you will not help yourself but end up w/ at least a minimum of 1 relationship.. .. but if you close your heart and say you are open, is that really open?

I don't know The King and DaCurse but on responds, I can say they are OPEN to interracial marriages.... They try the steak, probably variety of steaks actually... I'm guessing.

and when I say eaten a steak, I mean opening your heart to dating other race.  When you open your heart, you will find beauty in another race and you will not help yourself but end up w/ at least a minimum of 1 relationship.. .. but if you close your heart and say you are open, is that really open?

I have not open my heart to dating outside of my race and so I don't seek it and when I don't see it , I don't find it, plain and simple...UNLES S fate in the universe throws it my way....  but that's life, sometimes fate in the universe throws things at us w/ out seeking...

"...

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2021, 08:45:54 PM »
Bring me a hot steaming steak and see if I won't eat it. I'll tell you what it tastes like, too, afterwards.

That's what I mean by being open to eating steak.

But if there's no steak, how do I eat it? Can't eat what's not there.

I am not going to eat just any steak though.
If you like steak you should be able to find without me bringing to you.  If I  have to do that, I may be forcing you

Young people today are more open to interracial marriage and you see more interracial relationship but if a person has never had one, that's a contradiction :D :D :D :D

« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 08:35:03 AM by Reporter »

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2021, 08:53:44 PM »
Interracial dating? Yes, I did have. With several white girls and black girls in the past.
Interracial marriage? Meka dawb = yes. Mev = yes. Meka dub = maybe. Hmoob = nope. Suav = yes. Nippon = maybe. Kaus Lim = yes.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 08:57:13 PM by Visualmon »

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2021, 09:06:26 PM »
Interracial dating? Yes, I did have. With several white girls and black girls in the past.
Interracial marriage? Meka dawb = yes. Mev = yes. Meka dub = maybe. Hmoob = nope. Suav = yes. Nippon = maybe. Kaus Lim = yes.
You bring another interesting point to interracial marriage/dating , there's a different layer/level of acceptance within the race, hope that make sense..

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2021, 08:38:03 AM »
Liking and being open to it are two different things. I am open to eating only good steaks that I like; I won't be open to eating bad steaks that I don't like.  There are many kinds of steaks around. I'll eat the good one.

Notice I said "good one" and not "ones." One good steak is enough.

If you like steak you should be able to find without me bringing to you.  If I  have to do that, I may be forcing you

Young people today are more open to interracial marriage and you see more interracial relationship but if a person has never had one, that's a contradiction :D :D :D :D

"...

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2021, 12:22:17 PM »
Liking and being open to it are two different things. I am open to eating only good steaks that I like; I won't be open to eating bad steaks that I don't like.  There are many kinds of steaks around. I'll eat the good one.

Notice I said "good one" and not "ones." One good steak is enough.
Since we're talking about interracial marriage, we'll say "steak" = relationship.  You've had plenty of relationship within your own kind but how come non outside of that, just saying.  It's human nature to find people of all races attractive from time to time. Most of us have this experience because that's what it means to be alive.  FYI..my first crush was w/ Scott Peck... wonder what he's up to these days ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

1)I can say I never  had an interracial relationship which could potentially = interracial marriage because it was never in my plan.  My heart was closed to the idea.  So when I was single, I never pursue. 

2)AND let's say interracial marriage is something I don't mind, of course, I may pursue a minimum of 1 or two in my lifetime at least or could be in an interracial marriage because I kept my heart open to loving another race..  EX: DaCurse & The King

3)But let's say "fate" step in and force me into a corner - say I suddenly fall in love with a man that's not Hmong, perhaps, I could be in an interracial marriage...con vert me or not  EX: most people

4)And another  is = respecting choices of others... but may not necessary be your own.  Ex: You can have interracial marriage but don't force me into one...or expect the same of me.. EX:  Most People

My opinion, since you've never had an interracial relationship, you fall into #1, 3, 4

« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 12:42:20 PM by Dok_Champa »

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2021, 02:13:24 PM »
I thought the topic "Interracial Marriage" means tying the knot, not just a relationship. A relationship does not necessarily mean "marriage."

So, what frightens you about loving a White or Black man or a Chinese or Latino one at that?

Since we're talking about interracial marriage, we'll say "steak" = relationship.  You've had plenty of relationship within your own kind but how come non outside of that, just saying.  It's human nature to find people of all races attractive from time to time. Most of us have this experience because that's what it means to be alive.  FYI..my first crush was w/ Scott Peck... wonder what he's up to these days ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

1)I can say I never  had an interracial relationship which could potentially = interracial marriage because it was never in my plan.  My heart was closed to the idea.  So when I was single, I never pursue. 

2)AND let's say interracial marriage is something I don't mind, of course, I may pursue a minimum of 1 or two in my lifetime at least or could be in an interracial marriage because I kept my heart open to loving another race..  EX: DaCurse & The King

3)But let's say "fate" step in and force me into a corner - say I suddenly fall in love with a man that's not Hmong, perhaps, I could be in an interracial marriage...con vert me or not  EX: most people

4)And another  is = respecting choices of others... but may not necessary be your own.  Ex: You can have interracial marriage but don't force me into one...or expect the same of me.. EX:  Most People

My opinion, since you've never had an interracial relationship, you fall into #1, 3, 4

"...

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2021, 04:42:16 PM »
I thought the topic "Interracial Marriage" means tying the knot, not just a relationship. A relationship does not necessarily mean "marriage."

So, what frightens you about loving a White or Black man or a Chinese or Latino one at that?
Before you get to interracial marriage you've got to go through interracial relationship ...one can't happen w/out the other. 

It just never occur to me an interracial marriage is possible or the idea of marriage.  I was more focused on riding bikes, playing, and where to get the most delicious ice creams.... but it was my first taste of being attracted to the opposite sex...  Who knows, if I was older, mature,  that's a #3 scenario.

Over the years, I came across some fine looking people of another race but again, I'm a one woman man...  So even I who is not into interracial marriage have experience such....

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2021, 10:15:06 PM »
Interracial marriage isn’t for everyone. It has its ups and downs just like any marriage. It takes a deep understanding and acceptance from oneself. If you’re not for it 100% don’t bother with it because you will blame all your arguments and differences on having a different background. Just like interfaith marriage, it’s not for the ordinary person.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2021, 04:34:23 AM »
I see. So, this post is about you getting affirmation that it is okay to have an interracial relationship, which you seem to have felt guilty about after having had one.

Don't worry about it. Feel no guilt about it. It's a good blend for your life as an available woman in a diverse society. I've seen many older Hmong women who are dating or marrying older White men.  I guess that means I've seen many older White men marrying older Hmong women, too. By older, I simply men in their 40s and 50s. And I'm pleased to see that because I know those people have gone through life thinking marrying their own groups would be best but realize that love is more important than being isolated from diversity.

Something like that.

Before you get to interracial marriage you've got to go through interracial relationship ...one can't happen w/out the other. 

It just never occur to me an interracial marriage is possible or the idea of marriage. I was more focused on riding bikes, playing, and where to get the most delicious ice creams.... but it was my first taste of being attracted to the opposite sex...  Who knows, if I was older, mature,  that's a #3 scenario.

Over the years, I came across some fine looking people of another race but again, I'm a one woman man...  So even I who is not into interracial marriage have experience such....

« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 04:42:12 AM by Reporter »

"...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2021, 04:40:53 AM »
True.

We are already pretty mixed. No need to wait millions of years to see that. I bet you know one Hmong mother who has a mixed grandkid today. Or a father who has one, too.

It's evolution man yo dawgs...Blacks, whites, latins, and Asians-we're all trading our women with each other...lols

For Hmong folks its not too bad...for me I'm either too whitewashed for the traditional Hmong women, or not Blonde Hair blue eyes, or 6 foot full of muscles for the whitewashed Hmong women. lols...there is no inbetween...it's hot or cold, left side or right side...hahah

Crossbreeding in the animal kingdom has been shown to yield stronger, smarter and healthier offsprings...h aha Eventually, we're all gonna have to exchange women....and or men...give it several more millions of years of life still exists, its the law of nature....lmao

Ive raised chickens and pigeons all my first half of my life...and I have to tell you guys...every so years, you need to find new blood to infuse or mix with your current flock or bloodlines..ot herwise, you will end up with a lot of weak and deform birds..some showing no sign, but premature deaths...

oh, sorry going off subject...sort of... Hrock, hope you see this message. lols

« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 02:11:52 PM by Reporter »

"...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2021, 09:48:29 PM »
Interracial marriage isn’t for everyone. It has its ups and downs just like any marriage.

True!

Also same race marriage is not for everyone either..For example, George Lucas' first wife was White but ended divorcing her and is now with a Black wife:

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2021, 10:18:13 AM »
I see. So, this post is about you getting affirmation that it is okay to have an interracial relationship, which you seem to have felt guilty about after having had one.

Don't worry about it. Feel no guilt about it. It's a good blend for your life as an available woman in a diverse society. I've seen many older Hmong women who are dating or marrying older White men.  I guess that means I've seen many older White men marrying older Hmong women, too. By older, I simply men in their 40s and 50s. And I'm pleased to see that because I know those people have gone through life thinking marrying their own groups would be best but realize that love is more important than being isolated from diversity.

Something like that.
Interracial marriage can't happen without interracial relationship and when dealing with one we have to deal with the other.  People that truly embrace interracial marriage should be open to interracial relationship.  If a person is not or never had one, can we really say that person is truly open.  As children, they don't come with biased like adult....overt ime we develop those biased from experience, what we see,  hear around us. 

Advertisements