Advertisement

Poll

Would you allow your children to marry out of race?

Yes
8 (88.9%)
No
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Interracial marriages  (Read 5731 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Re: Interracial marriages
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2021, 10:24:52 AM »
True!

Also same race marriage is not for everyone either..For example, George Lucas' first wife was White but ended divorcing her and is now with a Black wife:

Kudos to the couple.  When I was thinking of interracial marriage, I was thinking about the Hmong community.  It's making progress but still people in my generation and in my parents generation still find it hard to accept, that's the realistic.  For me, I"ve seen more cases of interracial marriage not working than working.  I'm thinking different cultures, different values, different beliefs, ideas of marriages, and other contributing factors.  Within Asian marrying other Asian, ex. Hmong & Lao, Hmong and Thai, etc.. I see more enduring marriage and I'm thinking because of the shared cultures, beliefs, values, etc...(in some way).

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2021, 10:59:25 AM »
Okay. That's true. You have to first get to know someone before marrying them anyway.

I'm open to having an interracial relationship first, too.

Interracial marriage can't happen without interracial relationship and when dealing with one we have to deal with the other.  People that truly embrace interracial marriage should be open to interracial relationship.  If a person is not or never had one, can we really say that person is truly open.  As children, they don't come with biased like adult....overt ime we develop those biased from experience, what we see,  hear around us.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2021, 03:37:18 PM »
Interracial marriage isn’t for everyone. It has its ups and downs just like any marriage. It takes a deep understanding and acceptance from oneself. If you’re not for it 100% don’t bother with it because you will blame all your arguments and differences on having a different background. Just like interfaith marriage, it’s not for the ordinary person.
This entire debate on interracial marriage, Proud Lao sums it up very well:  It's not for everyone.  Whether you are for or against or in the middle, maybe a person know it's not for them.  I haven't thought about that...

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Advertisements