Advertisement

Poll

Would you allow your children to marry out of race?

Yes
8 (88.9%)
No
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Interracial marriages  (Read 5825 times)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Interracial marriages
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2021, 12:47:08 PM »
The world is very mixed nowadays.

Like this post: 0
"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Adverstisement

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2021, 09:47:35 AM »
The world is very mixed nowadays.
Interracial marriages has been around probably since the beginning of humankind and even back in Laos... Even in my close knit family, there's interracial marriages..

But I still hope to have a nice hmng nyab and hmong vaus... But it's to hard to find them these days..since they toss the "visiting the girls home" courting ritual ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D AND these days, many forego the Hmong New Year celebrations, another long standing courting rituals..

So, I'm thinking it's very possible interracial marriages are the thing of the future whether we are ready or not.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2021, 10:51:31 AM »
We change with times. But that's still a matter of choice. If a girl thinks it's appropriate just to stay on her sofa for guys to visit her and call those talks "dates", she can still insist on that. Lots of marriageable guys--especially those from out-of-town--will still honor that.

Interracial marriages aren't waiting to be the future. They are happening right now. In fact, they have happened yesterday and the days before, too.

Interracial marriages has been around probably since the beginning of humankind and even back in Laos... Even in my close knit family, there's interracial marriages..

But I still hope to have a nice hmng nyab and hmong vaus... But it's to hard to find them these days..since they toss the "visiting the girls home" courting ritual ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D AND these days, many forego the Hmong New Year celebrations, another long standing courting rituals..

So, I'm thinking it's very possible interracial marriages are the thing of the future whether we are ready or not.

"...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2021, 10:53:38 AM »
Right. They choose whom they want.

You really can't control anyone's heart. The elders who make promises that they will hold their sons or daughters to the deals between any two families usually end up saying "we give them birth but they have their own hearts."

We can't even control our own hearts, can we?

I don't have kids, but if I did, I won't lie. I'd have a preference for a Hmong partner for them. However, who they love is not up to me, so they can marry whomever they want to.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 12:29:05 PM by Reporter »

"...

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2021, 12:22:52 PM »
We change with times. But that's still a matter of choice. If a girl thinks it's appropriate just to stay on her sofa for guys to visit her and call those talks "dates", she can still insist on that. Lots of marriageable guys--especially those from out-of-town--will still honor that.

Interracial marriages aren't waiting to be the future. They are happening right now. In fact, they have happened yesterday and the days before, too.
How young people court today is not the same as how they court years ago...so a girl today will feel weird sitting on her sofa waiting for guys to visit or call.  You and I are familiar with that and it's sad to see that long standing tradition lost. Changing of the times indeed.

Interracial marriages has been happening since the beginning of mankind but today it's inching closer to my neck of the wood.... and sooner or later I have to come to term with that...   and right now, I'm still feeling "hopeful.."

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2021, 12:33:24 PM »
You can't stop it, Dok. We don't live in homogenous society anymore. The world around us is diverse.

I don't regret that the home girl tactic is gone. It has created many problems in the past such as suitors hooking up with young moms instead of their daughters, etc. Plus, a guy isn't really ready to meet the family just on first sight of the girl... Give it time. Let outside dating take place. Just tell daughters to be careful whom they're with, etc.

No hope of going back to times. We are moving forward. Diversity. Interracial marriages across all. We can't stop it.

How young people court today is not the same as how they court years ago...so a girl today will feel weird sitting on her sofa waiting for guys to visit or call.  You and I are familiar with that and it's sad to see that long standing tradition lost. Changing of the times indeed.

Interracial marriages has been happening since the beginning of mankind but today it's inching closer to my neck of the wood.... and sooner or later I have to come to term with that...   and right now, I'm still feeling "hopeful.."

« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 12:52:24 PM by Reporter »

"...

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2021, 12:42:37 PM »
My children and I talked about interracial dating, family discussion.  The young people they are more open minded to the idea because they grew up in this country so they can relate to other young w/ similar backgrounds like them.  When I searched my heart and soul, the one thing I really want for my children is to find someone to love and cherish them and they in return... and if that person happens to be of another race, I do accept. 

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2021, 12:53:32 PM »
It's good you are able to accept or will have to accept it.

Moms hang tight onto their children's well-being. I know. But moms have gotta let that hold go. What moms think will make their children happy won't necessarily be so.

My children and I talked about interracial dating, family discussion.  The young people they are more open minded to the idea because they grew up in this country so they can relate to other young w/ similar backgrounds like them.  When I searched my heart and soul, the one thing I really want for my children is to find someone to love and cherish them and they in return... and if that person happens to be of another race, I do accept.

"...

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2021, 01:02:27 PM »
YEPP...but at the same time, easier said than done until you walk in my shoes ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Let's re-continue w/ the discussion when the day comes... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2021, 01:40:54 PM »
Sure.

Feel free to call me if you want more of my opinion on this. You already have my number.

Yes, you do. Here it is: 651 424 7600. :2funny:

]
YEPP...but at the same time, easier said than done until you walk in my shoes ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Let's re-continue w/ the discussion when the day comes... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

"...

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2021, 02:07:44 PM »
Sure.

Feel free to call me if you want more of my opinion on this. You already have my number.

Yes, you do. Here it is: 651 424 7600. :2funny:
]
Show me a birth certificate first and NO, I don't want to see yours ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2021, 02:16:25 PM »
Well, you know me and you: we don't have such thing. We got into the US without them. We came only through the Congressional approval of the Extended Parole Authority of 1975, which allowed people like us into the country without hospital or village chief records.

I could create one for you. But that would be fake. So, I won't do that.

Show me a birth certificate first and NO, I don't want to see yours ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

"...

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2021, 02:28:03 PM »
I'll wait for the real certificates.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2021, 03:39:31 PM »
interracial marriage is not a crime..i've dated out of race more than plenty of times, and i notice how much in common humans have despite the color of our skin. take for example, you go pick up your white g-f, her mother and father is going to asked you a few questions first...what's your clan, who's the chief of your clan....and where and when you bringing their daughter back...haha j/k about the clan part...most people from good families hold very similar values...we're all Americans whether we want to admit to it or not..haha
Did you have a interracial marriage?

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2021, 03:48:09 PM »
Okay. I'll have to request my immigration documents from immigration office then. They should have everything on me from the time my family got interviewed in Ban Vinai to the time I got my Green Card here years ago. I think they even have info on my citizenship and passport, too.

I'll wait for the real certificates.

"...

Advertisements