Advertisement

Author Topic: Bucket List  (Read 414 times)

Offline wallflower

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
Bucket List
« on: March 08, 2021, 11:22:57 AM »
I'm filled with wanderlust, but it doesn't seem like the pandemic and travel restrictions will ease up any time soon.

Here's my bucket list of places I'd like to travel to in the future.

1. Shirakawago and Gokayama, Japan

2. Machu Picchu, Peru

3. Maldives

4. Sapa, Vietnam

5. Switzerland

6. Iceland

« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 12:04:18 PM by wallflower »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Visualmon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
Re: Bucket List
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 09:34:49 PM »
1.) Norway

2.) Macau

3.) Italy

4.) Jerusalem

5.) Singapore

6.) Amsterdam

7.) Greece

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline wallflower

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 11:51:52 AM »
1.) Norway

2.) Macau

3.) Italy

4.) Jerusalem

5.) Singapore

6.) Amsterdam

7.) Greece

I've been to Macau and Singapore a few times. The Macau Tower was ok. The first and last time I visited the Macau Tower, it was kinda far from the city portion. We took a taxi there, and there wasn't too much around it. But, it's been many years so maybe they've developed the area more. I like Singapore, but it's pretty expensive. Getting around is easy, and they speak English there, so it's easy to communicate.

The Netherlands was very picturesque. I went in April and visited the Keukenhof Tulip Gardens. We spent all day there and took the very last bus back to the train station.  ;D

Offline Visualmon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 03:45:50 PM »
I've been to Macau and Singapore a few times. The Macau Tower was ok. The first and last time I visited the Macau Tower, it was kinda far from the city portion. We took a taxi there, and there wasn't too much around it. But, it's been many years so maybe they've developed the area more. I like Singapore, but it's pretty expensive. Getting around is easy, and they speak English there, so it's easy to communicate.

The Netherlands was very picturesque. I went in April and visited the Keukenhof Tulip Gardens. We spent all day there and took the very last bus back to the train station.  ;D

Good to see you like the area and experience several things at first hand. Couldn't you at least stay on the spot a little longer than you normally would after visit few times?  I mean relax a little bit instead of moving around. ;D

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline qeej

• PH Regular
  • a pair of husbands
  • Respect: +12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 04:19:51 PM »
Honestly, just go anywhere that's not your state at this point.

Offline wallflower

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 09:46:59 AM »
Good to see you like the area and experience several things at first hand. Couldn't you at least stay on the spot a little longer than you normally would after visit few times?  I mean relax a little bit instead of moving around. ;D

I'm not sure what you mean by stay on the spot. Each time I visit a different country, if I really like a place I have visited on a previous trip, I go back- i.e. Gardens by the Bay in Singapore. However, there are always new places to visit, so I try to go and visit somewhere I haven't been to before if I can. Also, I never know when I'll be back, so of course I want to do and see as much as I can.

Honestly, just go anywhere that's not your state at this point.

I didn't limit the bucket list to international travel, though I'd still be leery of traveling in the States since covid's so prevalent, but that's just me. I should create a bucket list for the States as well.

Offline qeej

• PH Regular
  • a pair of husbands
  • Respect: +12
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 10:17:13 PM »
I didn't limit the bucket list to international travel, though I'd still be leery of traveling in the States since covid's so prevalent, but that's just me. I should create a bucket list for the States as well.
Yep. My favorites places are the area where I grew up, New England in the fall, and New Mexico. Everything else in the US is fly over, a skip, and a hop through some corner roundabout. And I'm not a paradise kinda person so I can't be bother with Hawaii or the likes though I am fond of pineapple. Personally, western Europe is overrated.

I hear Iceland has opened up a bit now.
https://visiticeland.com/article/iceland-and-covid19-coronavirus
Updated April 9
The Icelandic government has announced that all those who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 can travel to Iceland without being subject to triple testing and quarantine. Passengers will need to undergo one test upon arrival due to the indication that those individuals can pass on infections. This is temporary and will be reviewed on the 1st of May

Offline wallflower

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2021, 10:29:30 AM »
Yep. My favorites places are the area where I grew up, New England in the fall, and New Mexico. Everything else in the US is fly over, a skip, and a hop through some corner roundabout. And I'm not a paradise kinda person so I can't be bother with Hawaii or the likes though I am fond of pineapple. Personally, western Europe is overrated.

I hear Iceland has opened up a bit now.
https://visiticeland.com/article/iceland-and-covid19-coronavirus

I just love traveling, but there are a few areas I would probably skip like Africa and the Middle East, simply because I feel those areas are too unstable.

It's unlikely I'm getting vaccinated until at least this summer, so I'm going to be grounded unless it's an emergency.

Advertisements