Advertisement

Author Topic: I'm craving for WILD BOARS  (Read 1370 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
I'm craving for WILD BOARS
« on: April 02, 2021, 01:04:16 PM »
People in GA, TX, NC and other places where wild boars roam free, bring some to the Midwest. 

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: I'm craving for WILD BOARS
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 03:08:30 PM »
You may not have to go far for it:

Feral pigs have been reported in about two-thirds of Wisconsin for roughly a dozen years. These are wild animals. They’re incredible rooters, known to be highly destructive to the land and crops as they search for food. They’re also efficient predators of deer fawns and nesting birds. And these pigs can carry diseases that may threaten humans and the domestic swine industry.

Feral pigs can be hunted year-round – EXCEPT on the Friday before the nine-day gun deer season starts. That’s November 16 this year. Feral pig hunting hours are the same as for deer during the nine-day gun deer season, November 17 – 25. During the rest of the year, there is no bag limit nor any hunting hour restriction for feral pigs.

http://www.onwisconsinoutdoors.com/TrappingInWisconsin/feralPigWardenWire

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 02:09:07 PM »
  They must be well hidden, no sighting yet and I have not heard talks of any sighting either. 

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 09:23:55 AM »
A farmer I know raised them so went and got one recently.  Loved it!

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2021, 11:03:38 AM »
I bet they taste good grilled over an open fire.  I think I've only ever had pre-packaged smoked wild boar.  I didn't like it because they already pre-seasoned the wild boar meat with salt and msg.  I hate msg--it ruins the meat for me.  If people pre-season meat, I wish they would only use salt.

Advertisements