Advertisement

Author Topic: How Old Is Your Car?  (Read 3313 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: How Old Is Your Car?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2021, 01:38:39 PM »
Nah, its the Supra.

Congrats man! Saw one in person and I think it looks pretty sweet. Be nice if there's a manual option though IMO since I prefer stick in a pure sports car..but as long as you're happy with it, that's all that matters.. O0

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2021, 01:42:24 PM »
okay, okay...fair enough.  I'm pretty sure you guys can narrow it down and guess correctly. 
2007 Subaru forester
2008 Honda pilot
2013 Subaru legacy

Mr_Mech: 2007 Forester ...because it's the oldest and he's more mechanically inclined to work on it on side of the road and it still gets decent MPG even though it's older..

Wife: 2008 Pilot...becaus e gotta pick up them kids and do big grocery runs..so need more room

Kid: 2013 Legacy ...because it's the newest so it has more safety features than the other tow..

Like this post: +1

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2021, 01:59:53 PM »
Mr_Mech: 2007 Forester ...because it's the oldest and he's more mechanically inclined to work on it on side of the road and it still gets decent MPG even though it's older..

Wife: 2008 Pilot...becaus e gotta pick up them kids and do big grocery runs..so need more room

Kid: 2013 Legacy ...because it's the newest so it has more safety features than the other tow..

ding, ding, ding....the explanations are on point.  1+

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2021, 06:26:17 AM »
It's probably not a mid-range and up trim Tacoma. A buddy is trying to get a new TRD or a Sport trim Taco but has had a hard time finding one that fits his liking and price due to the pandemic and supply line interruptions. ..
i'm still looking for one myself.  but, man, the price for the trim i'm looking at are just ridiculous.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2021, 01:32:57 PM »
i'm still looking for one myself.  but, man, the price for the trim i'm looking at are just ridiculous.

As stated earlier, due to the pandemic and supply line interruptions, it's all about supply/demand now especially the truck segment and the Tacoma in particular. When I went to get my hood scoop parts at the dealership, they offered me more money than what I paid for my used Tacoma a few years ago but I told them it's not for sale. Saw this this high mileage wrecked one a couple of weeks ago and they were asking high for it but those that want one and is willing to fix it will get it:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2021, 12:02:41 AM »
93 125k

$11k?

Back in 93, a base model 4-cylinder 4x4 like that one's msrp was around $13k so it's definitely a seller's market if that seller can get $11k for that used one with 125k miles...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2021, 12:06:02 AM »
I still remember the different trims and MSRP for each because my fully loaded V6 Toyota Truck that I bought brand new at Modesto Toyota was also a 93  ;D:

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2021, 12:49:52 PM »
You framed your old truck? Lol

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2021, 12:58:39 PM »

My dad framed his first one.  1979 camero z28 with a tail.  Dude got that big hair bell bottom look.  To keep up with the tradition or legacy, I was about to get a modern camero myself and take pix with him in a wheel chair and me in it and frame it next to his on the wall.  Only problem.  I'm a victim of circumstances.  The neighbor from across the street is a camero fanatic and has like 3 just by himself.  I don't want to get one no more cuz I don't want that neighbor monkey see, neighbor monkey do phenomenon that some people are competing with their neighbors and ish.  I'm sure yall know what I'm talking about.   

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2021, 01:28:01 PM »

Oh it's been framed since brand new back in 93 and yes the frame is old but still same frame.

Why?

Because it's the first brand new auto I've ever bought with my own money. Went Geweke Toyota at the time (it's Lodi Toyota now), they turned me down because I was young and my credit wasn't quiet established yet even though I had enough to put down (5k), they said I also need a co-signer which I don't do. Then went to Toyota Town in Stockton, they also turned me down and was only willing to sell me the base to medium trims but not the fully loaded top of the line SR5 trim, also need a co-signer. Finally, Modesto Toyota took a chance on me and smooth sailing after that...The only hiccup is they didn't have one so they had to get one from Fremont delivered to their dealership a few days later.

I felt proud because I was able to get a 30k truck (after taxes, fees, and finance) all on my own with my own money so I framed it.. O0

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2021, 02:22:55 PM »
I see, can’t blame you there. A boy and his truck lol

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2021, 09:24:41 AM »
Congrats man! Saw one in person and I think it looks pretty sweet. Be nice if there's a manual option though IMO since I prefer stick in a pure sports car..but as long as you're happy with it, that's all that matters.. O0

I actually like that its auto; fast shifting and launch control is great. I have 3 other manual cars so its nice to just get in and drive sometimes. I'm getting old is all.  :D

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2021, 12:21:48 AM »
All good man, as long as you're content, that's all that matters..The current gen Supra is best looking one IMO:

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2021, 08:44:49 PM »
Not content but lovin the auto/paddle option.  The more I drive it the more I love it. Great car for all my needs.

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

Advertisements