Advertisement

Author Topic: It's so hard to raise a child  (Read 1564 times)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
It's so hard to raise a child
« on: April 21, 2021, 04:29:22 PM »
He or she is cute and you may want to play around him or her, even just looking at him or her. But then there's the washing, diapering, clothing, feeding...and then you just can't
have your own times anymore but devote times to someone who doesn't quite understand your needs for other things. You become afraid to leave him or her alone. You are afraid someone
might take him or her, harm him or her, or he or she might fall and hurt himself or herself, etc.

You're stuck for life with this little one...okay, this is just about the infancy to toddler stages.

So, if you have got a few backk-to-back, isn't there more to day or at least you'll be repeating these things over years?

Darn!

Like this post: 0
"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Adverstisement

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
Re: It's so hard to raise a child
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 05:53:58 PM »
Who washes diapers? Eeew lol

Being a father is the greatest gift and accomplishment in my life. The joy and love cannot be simply expressed by words.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 06:07:41 PM »
You're stuck for life with this little one...

This is why I say, having kids is not a requirement in life and it's not for everyone.

After my wife and I got married, we were on the fence for a couple of years before we finally decide to have one child and go from there. Years later we are still good with just one. Others continue to ask us when number 2 is coming and we continue to tell them, one and done.

So if one can't deal with the huge upfront investment, the dedication and time needed to raise a child appropriately then it's probably not a good idea to have as you'll probably do more harm than good. I see many parents just park their kids in front of the TV and that's not fair to the kids and will more than likely affect their future negatively.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2021, 06:30:08 PM »
I didn't say washing diapers. I said diapering.

But there are fabric diapers that can be washed and reused.

How does it feel to be called daddy?

Who washes diapers? Eeew lol

Being a father is the greatest gift and accomplishment in my life. The joy and love cannot be simply expressed by words.

"...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2021, 06:30:50 PM »
If too much time is spent caring for a child, one has little time for other things, I'm sure.

This is why I say, having kids is not a requirement in life and it's not for everyone.

After my wife and I got married, we were on the fence for a couple of years before we finally decide to have one child and go from there. Years later we are still good with just one. Others continue to ask us when number 2 is coming and we continue to tell them, one and done.

So if one can't deal with the huge upfront investment, the dedication and time needed to raise a child appropriately then it's probably not a good idea to have as you'll probably do more harm than good. I see many parents just park their kids in front of the TV and that's not fair to the kids and will more than likely affect their future negatively.

"...

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2021, 06:58:52 PM »
I didn't say washing diapers. I said diapering.

But there are fabric diapers that can be washed and reused.

How does it feel to be called daddy?

My apology lol I need glasses

I cannot express by words but you will  know one day.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 07:52:05 PM by ProudLao »

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2021, 07:10:32 PM »
I don't need money.  I just need time. 

I don't have time right now to raise a baby.  I could make time by cutting cost but that means my goals and inspiration will not be met. 

Thus why I need a wife cuz she can bond with the baby 24/7 while I'll be that celebrity ghost that comes in and out of her life to see the baby.  60% working, 39% for the baby and 1% to make love to her  :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2021, 07:24:33 PM »
Yup, it is definitely very hard to raise a child.  It really does take a village to raise a kid.

- Kids cost a lot of money
- You have a responsibility to them for life
- You worry about them forever

But, for parents who treasure parenthood, nothing can replace the feeling of having a child, and the value that they add to your life.  They change your life.  A life before kids and a life after kids are two different worlds, two different experiences.  There is a whole other level of joy and happiness and love you can only experience through having kids.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2021, 07:42:07 PM »
Here is a myth

Having a child will take the life force out of you. 

thus why athletes are told of a tradition to withhold sex before an important game.

Some types of salmon dies after they spawn.  Steelhead salmon goes right back to the ocean to thrive. 

When I did my research on animal genetics, we created what we called a Frankenstein fish that can not be found in nature.  It was a hybrid, a cross between a natural and another hybrid.  So anyways, from my studies, we found that after they given birth, their life force is weaken and soon die. 

I'm not much of a cock fighter but prize cocks do not breed.  ONce they are breed, they can't fight no more. 

So all that stress with having a child will weaken  you and will make you old.   :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +648
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2021, 08:15:38 PM »
I wouldn’t call it stuck but sharing life with regardless of the stages. I know some people rather be childless and others, not, but sharing this journey together is as enjoyable if not more.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2021, 10:50:50 PM »
Tell me what you can, okay? It's good to know ahead of time...

I raise a lot of kids who aren't mine. But I know it's going to be different if I have my own.

My apology lol I need glasses

I cannot express by words but you will  know one day.

"...

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2021, 09:59:33 AM »

You should have two so your child will have another person to lean on later in life.  AND the best time to have another child is back to back...so you can do all the diapering, bottles, etc... at once and be done w/ it.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 03:11:34 PM by Dok_Champa »

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2021, 03:48:06 PM »
We are good at 1. We went from 0 to 1 and it's just right for us. Plus, we've done plenty of research before making the decision to have 1 and the number of children/siblings don't matter but preparing him/her for the future does...

We've asked her if she wants a sibling a few times and she said, "no, I just want a puppy".. ;D

Then we tell her she has to do the tier system and show us that she's responsible enough first.. such starting with plant go to fish go to bird go to...;D

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2021, 01:34:37 PM »
I'm gonna pay a nanny to diaper and mix drinks for the two kids I plan to have when the wife and I settle down.

"...

Offline Tajo

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +105
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2021, 04:43:31 PM »
I have a boy and a girl and both are pretty easy to raise. 

Advertisements