Advertisement

Author Topic: Authentic vs Replicas  (Read 3043 times)

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
Authentic vs Replicas
« on: April 22, 2021, 02:52:23 PM »
Lately I’ve been seeing Facebook live posts on selling counterfeit/fake/replicas/dupes of high end luxury brand handbags/jewelry.  I see them due to Facebook friends sharing the live posts.  For myself, I wouldn’t purchase them knowing that they’re not authentic and I prefer the real product, but that’s just me.  Keep in mind, it is legal to purchase fake brand name merchandise but illegal to sell them.  Your thoughts on this?

Like this post: 0
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Adverstisement

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
Re: Authentic vs Replicas
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 11:10:17 PM »
I bought a fake, defective CD player for $24 from Best Buy. I'm pissed.  :knuppel2:

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 05:37:22 PM »
I bought a fake, defective CD player for $24 from Best Buy. I'm pissed.  :knuppel2:

Why are you whining....at least, you can return it.   ;D   :P

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 02:35:15 AM »
Why are you whining....at least, you can return it.   ;D   :P

I'm not whining. I'm more disappointed with the department store sell unauthentic products.  :P

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2021, 06:43:13 PM »
I'm not whining. I'm more disappointed with the department store sell unauthentic products.  :P

Disappointed or not, you can still get your money back.   ;D

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2021, 09:25:03 PM »
Disappointed or not, you can still get your money back.   ;D

Not according to Best Buy guidelines.  ::) They may not insure a refund when the word "refund unavailable" appears on the customer's Best Buy account.  :P :knuppel2:

Offline Tajo

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +105
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2021, 05:30:24 PM »
I rather spend my $$ on real ones i cant do fake.   

Like this post: +1

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2021, 02:36:51 PM »
Not according to Best Buy guidelines.  ::) They may not insure a refund when the word "refund unavailable" appears on the customer's Best Buy account.  :P :knuppel2:

Then you should have purchased something that was refundable.   ;D

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2021, 02:51:23 PM »
I don't know why people do this.. We know why people do this but also.. why? People should report them for selling fakes for the reasons you mentioned. I'm with you about the real authentic thing but there are instances where a fake would be better. Say, for example, you're traveling to a popular destination and thieves are aplenty then why not flex a fake Chanel? At least it's not 5G down the drain when it gets lost/stolen. I think some celebrities do this. They don't flex the real Birkin... unless you're Victoria Beckham with a closet full of them. I buy fakes when I want a fake so I can keep the real one safe. That said, I think fakes/replicas creates a disservice to the authentic product in such a way that 1) it devalues the authentic product 2) it creates an unnecessary and illegal market for them 3) it robs innocent people who don't know any better of their hard earn money.

Anyway.. that's my 2cents. At the end of the day, people choose what they do with their money. I think people should live within their means.

I have heard people doing that with jewelry, e.g. wearing a cubic zirconia ring instead of their diamond ring.  In this instance, at least the store advertises it as cubic zirconia and not diamond.

I do agree with you about replicas creating a disservice to authentic products.  I’d also add that these inventors/designers of the products/merchandise worked hard on the design and materials, they should get the recognition and value they deserve.  Most of these people that purchase the replicas at lower price points know they’re getting replicas but they don’t care, just so long as it looks almost like the authentic product. Yes, people should live within their means. 

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2021, 06:32:07 AM »
While that's true for most houses, can we just say how lazy Balenciaga is? ha!

I never got into Balenciaga, so I don’t know much about that brand.

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2021, 05:24:47 AM »
Then you should have purchased something that was refundable.   ;D

All items in Best Buy considered as unrefundable when the receipt went pass it due date.  :P :D

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2021, 05:13:17 AM »
Are underwear refundable?  :D

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2022, 12:49:50 AM »
Are underwear refundable?  :D

Unless there's no butt crap it then you're clear.

Advertisements