Advertisement

Author Topic: Do we have big enough hearts to raise someone else's kids?  (Read 1028 times)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Do we have big enough hearts to raise someone else's kids?
« on: April 27, 2021, 01:37:06 PM »
Let's face it. We can't all get fresh singles for marriages anymore. The fact is, men or women, we are going to run into someone who has kids from another marriage.

Is your heart big enough to help him or her raise those children?

Like this post: 0
"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Adverstisement

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have big enough hearts to raise someone else's kids?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 03:13:14 PM »
Yes and not only that, my  heart is big enough to share the kids w/ the ex-spouse, to include her in their life....after all, she is their birth mother and able to fill a void in their heart that no one else can fill UNLESS she's a bad influence than I will have to reconsider. 

I do not feel threaten by an ex-spouse. 

« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 03:19:09 PM by Dok_Champa »

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +648
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 03:42:03 PM »
Easier said then done and it takes a lot of patience, love, money, time, etc. If you don’t have any of those traits in check, probably best to work on oneself first before affecting these kids outlook in life.

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 05:21:53 PM »
If you aren’t accepting of their kids don’t get with them.

Your love for her should be plenty for her kids. If it’s not your cup of tea, move along brother lol

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2021, 08:01:47 PM »
Confession time:  I do have a step son.  My husband married young and has a child from his previous marriage.  When I met him, I was single, never married before and during that time it was a taboo to even date a divorce man.  I was stubborn then as I am now so I chose the person, got to know the person vs. the label/status.  Also, he is green and I am white, another No no.  Also, many girls at the time were set on marrying while I was set on schooling and wait for the right person to come along....so I didn't marry until my 20's while many married in their late teens...That's more example of my stubborness ;D ;D ;D ;D

Today, my stepson calls me mom and he is just like my other children.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2021, 08:17:48 PM »
Confession time:  I do have a step son.  My husband married young and has a child from his previous marriage.  When I met him, I was single, never married before and during that time it was a taboo to even date a divorce man.  I was stubborn then as I am now so I chose the person, got to know the person vs. the label/status.  Also, he is green and I am white, another No no.  Also, many girls at the time were set on marrying while I was set on schooling and wait for the right person to come along....so I didn't marry until my 20's while many married in their late teens...That's more example of my stubborness ;D ;D ;D ;D

Today, my stepson calls me mom and he is just like my other children.

Good for you  O0.

There are cases out there where the adopted/step children/parents/guardians are actually better than the biological ones.

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2021, 06:37:08 AM »
I have kids and my answer is no. Only because I don't think I can love them enough like their birth parent. I also do not want anyone else to raise my kids. It's ok to be a single father/mother until your kids become an adult. There's too many risks involved; is this person a pedophile? Abusive? Etc.

I have a lot of unmarried single hmong friends in their 30s with no kids. They too, told me they cannot and will not be able to love anyone's kids. They can fake it if they have to or need to but their heart is not going to be 100% there.

But on the other hand......I know a small handful that truly love and fight for other people's kids like their own flesh and blood. I commend those folks. More power and blessings to you guys.

"You drown not by falling into the water, but by staying submerged in it."

Offline ThisIsHowImetYou

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2021, 11:03:03 PM »
As someone who is suffering from infertility, I wouldn't mind raising someone else's children. After many miscarriages, we both want kids so badly and are still waiting for our miracle to happen. However, my husband and I are adopting, so if you know anyone who wants to get rid of their kids, we'll get the legal documents ready.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2021, 03:14:12 PM »
When you come upon a child you want to adopt, do it quickly. The biological mom may have a need to let the child go for the moment. But she will try to come back for it later if you don't have the paperwork to take the child away from her.

As someone who is suffering from infertility, I wouldn't mind raising someone else's children. After many miscarriages, we both want kids so badly and are still waiting for our miracle to happen. However, my husband and I are adopting, so if you know anyone who wants to get rid of their kids, we'll get the legal documents ready.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2021, 04:29:17 PM »

Good for you!  O0

As I've stated earlier, some adopted children/foster parents can form a closer bond than some biological ones based on my past experience working in the social service field.

"What Adult Adoptees Had to Say"

I am an adoptee and reunited with my birth family as an adult. I can tell you that NOTHING can replace my (adoptive) mom. She’s my mom, first and foremost. I love my birth family and am thankful for them, but they are added blessings, not replacements."

Advertisements