Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmmm... Why would the Mexican President suggest such a thing?  (Read 397 times)

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, The Mexican leader pitched the initiative, Planting Life, during President Biden’s virtual climate summit at the White House on Thursday and said it could help stem the surge of immigrants to the US border.

It involves planting 1 billion fruit and timber trees, and Lopez Obrador proposed the US grant six-month work visas that lead to citizenship to workers who participate in the program.

“You, President Biden, can finance the Planting Life program in Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador,” Lopez Obrador said Thursday.

“The proposal is that we extend this program to southeastern Mexico and Central America, to plant 3 billion more trees and create 1.2 million jobs.”

“I have been asked to lead the issue of dealing with root causes in the Northern Triangle, similar to what the then-Vice President did many years ago,” Harris said

So, basically, we (the US tax payers) are paying to get tree planted in Mexico and South America and after planting all the trees, we take these workers into the US as citizens. What a great idea... it's a win win for the US for sure. What person in their right mind would think the US is getting the sh1t end of the deal here.

I guess  President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador knew that we have two ignorant idiots running the country so he's letting the world know also.
I would not be surprised if these fools in Washington agreed to the proposal...

Like this post: 0
- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Adverstisement

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +366
    • View Profile
Re: Hmmm... Why would the Mexican President suggest such a thing?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 04:19:52 AM »
I wonder what's the Mexican President doing all these times when his people were killed by the Cartels. He probably hiding behind his desk shivering and peeing his pant. So he wants to send some to the U.S. for safety. The South don't want them in America.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 09:08:45 AM »
US is one of the wealthiest country on earth and we have been isolating ourselves from our neighboring countries down south.  When is the last time you heard of any initiative to help them?  EX:  Brazil is going through very bad COVID and did the US send them any vaccines?  PPE, etc... but w/ India going through something similar, we pack up and extend our help...  That's great...

But we need to build better relationship w/ our southern countries and that will solve many of our border issues.  We have great relationship with Canada, our neighbor to the north.  Why can't we try to do the same w/ our neighbors to the south?

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2021, 09:12:02 AM »
Is Lobrador going to be the first enrollee on that program?

I think what Lobrador needs to do is make his country greater than it is now so that his people won't want to run from it. Perhaps hire Obama as an advisor to help him do that. We know why Mexicans want to cross the border: Mexico is not good enough for them.

President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, The Mexican leader pitched the initiative, Planting Life, during President Biden’s virtual climate summit at the White House on Thursday and said it could help stem the surge of immigrants to the US border.

It involves planting 1 billion fruit and timber trees, and Lopez Obrador proposed the US grant six-month work visas that lead to citizenship to workers who participate in the program.

“You, President Biden, can finance the Planting Life program in Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador,” Lopez Obrador said Thursday.

“The proposal is that we extend this program to southeastern Mexico and Central America, to plant 3 billion more trees and create 1.2 million jobs.”

“I have been asked to lead the issue of dealing with root causes in the Northern Triangle, similar to what the then-Vice President did many years ago,” Harris said

So, basically, we (the US tax payers) are paying to get tree planted in Mexico and South America and after planting all the trees, we take these workers into the US as citizens. What a great idea... it's a win win for the US for sure. What person in their right mind would think the US is getting the sh1t end of the deal here.

I guess  President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador knew that we have two ignorant idiots running the country so he's letting the world know also.
I would not be surprised if these fools in Washington agreed to the proposal...

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Advertisements