Advertisement

Author Topic: To Covid or not to Covid  (Read 2191 times)

Offline Kong Vang

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
To Covid or not to Covid
« on: May 03, 2021, 04:27:42 PM »
I got my shot back in February... because I am considered to be part of the first responder group. Recently, the vaccine requirements for my state was lowered to anyone over 16, as I am sure most states are in now. However, I have a few distance relatives who refuses to get it. I am not sure if they were serious or just joking, I don't joke about stuff like this and they weren't the sort of people I want a debate with, so I did not press them.

Question to the rest of you... honest answers please... are you getting it or have you? If not, why not.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
Re: To Covid or not to Covid
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 04:30:04 PM »
I received both of my shots.

I'm pretty direct. Even if you're family, I'll minimize contact until I feel safe around you.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 05:45:21 PM »
I got my covid shots already and because of that I do have more peace of mind venturing out.  Even if a person gets covid, after getting vaccinated, chance of hospitalizatio n/death is low compare to not getting vaccinated.  Research shows they're safe and working. 

Sharing a link vaccines experts share their thoughts on covid vaccines and hopefully will help you help your distant relatives:

https://www.khou.com/article/news/verify/verify-covid-vaccine-rumors/285-0868b5d9-f384-4d3c-a5ce-943ab074985f

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 06:44:25 PM »
First shot on dec 31st 2020, second end of january.  I'm still alive and well.  All my people getting the shots. 

Would love to be in your situation with a few family member who are anti vax.  When they get covid, I'll milk that 2021 covid supplement of 80hrs by staying home and caring for them but really now, I'll be on vacation.  No need to show proof cuz that's medical record and can't share that info. 

A few of my hmong friends already did the fake covid scandal just to milk that 80 hours.  Use it or lose it.

Now my question is this.  How long are we full vaccinated folks are good for?  Medication wearing off.  We need booster or re shoot me again.  I want to feel free and liberated around people once again.  Still taking precautions by masking up and washing my hands though, keeping my distance.  Only thing that we took risk for risky business is friends and family social gathering cuz no one mask in this one. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 10:31:20 PM »
i'm waiting till Joe Biden offer $250 to get vaccinated

lol

jk i got mine already
like other people who downplay this first from the beginning
compare it to Y2K scared tactics

God did not created man...man created god

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +363
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2021, 03:52:17 AM »
How do y'all tell positive or negative from the test result? I wanna know.

I might take the vaccine. I'm beginning to feel muscle ache in my arms and having trouble breathing from today and yesterday.  :-\ :-[

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2021, 07:44:50 AM »
I got my shot back in February... because I am considered to be part of the first responder group. Recently, the vaccine requirements for my state was lowered to anyone over 16, as I am sure most states are in now. However, I have a few distance relatives who refuses to get it. I am not sure if they were serious or just joking, I don't joke about stuff like this and they weren't the sort of people I want a debate with, so I did not press them.

Question to the rest of you... honest answers please... are you getting it or have you? If not, why not.
So you're saying Covid is not a hoax anymore? Hmm..

Trump:
"Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus, you know that right?.. blah blah blah russia blah blah impeachment blah blah .. They lost. It’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax."

« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 07:49:04 AM by YAX »

Offline walley

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +84
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2021, 07:54:46 AM »
I'm giving it a few more months since the survival rate for most people is at 99%.

hmgPebble dumb as a rock

Offline Kong Vang

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2021, 11:05:28 AM »
So you're saying Covid is not a hoax anymore? Hmm..

Trump:

Not sure who your comment is pointed towards... but, no I never thought Covid was a hoax.

Trump was an idiot.

Offline Kong Vang

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2021, 11:09:28 AM »
I'm giving it a few more months since the survival rate for most people is at 99%.

You're correct, for the young and healthy. But I have elderly relatives who are not in very good health  and it's for their welfare that I am also doing this. They are precious to me.

Offline Kong Vang

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2021, 11:11:13 AM »
I haven't gotten it yet.

To be honest, I'm not in a big rush to get it yet because I don't know if I really trust that the vaccine was fully tested.

I'll probably get vaccinated by the end of the summer though. We'll see.

It's a very personal decision and I respect yours... However, there are many agency and regulations to safeguard our health in this country.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2021, 11:26:27 AM »
I have a cousin who's in the hospital right now with COVID.  She's in the ICU and  there's nothing the doctors can do but check her oxygen levels and keep her on the ventilator.  It's very serious and we're just praying that she pulls through some how.  I'd recommend you take the vaccine.  It's better than the alternative.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2021, 01:03:09 PM »
How old is your cousin?

---
I have a friend who had no intention of getting the vaccine (although everyone around them has had it) but during a random trip to walgreens they were offered moderna and they took it. I think there are some people who can't be bother to be actively making appointments but if the situation presented itself, they'll take it. I'm hopeful that those people are many.
mid 30's.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2021, 01:04:46 PM »
Not sure who your comment is pointed towards... but, no I never thought Covid was a hoax.

Trump was an idiot.
I wish more people were smart like you.  I have to admit, I've seen some really stupid people come through PH. They don't know they're dumb.

Offline Kong Vang

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2021, 01:57:27 PM »
I should clarify. I don't have access to the vaccine at the moment, even if I wanted to get it. The earliest I will probably have access to it is the end of the summer.

That sucks. I hope she pulls through.  :(

Yes, indeed... prayers for your family.

Advertisements