Advertisement

Author Topic: Like I say before, they need to take the championship away  (Read 245 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
..if they really want to discourage cheating in high stake games and events..if the accusation is true.

Kind of like the Olympics where they stripped the gold medal...It probably won't stop it totally but I bet it'll discourage more than some slap on the wrist fine and suspension  ???:

Kentucky Derby Winner Medina Spirit Fails Drug Test
The Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert, whose horses have failed five tests in a little more than a year, was suspended, but he denied wrongdoing.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Like I say before, they need to take the championship away
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 07:41:38 PM »
Bob Baffert admits he treated Medina Spirit with ointment that contained betamethasone.

Baffert's statement on Tuesday is a total about-face from the comments he made on Fox News just 24 hours earlier. In an interview on Monday, Baffert claimed that he never uses betamethasone, and had never given Medina Spirit betamethasone. Then he blamed the positive test and his suspension from Churchill Downs on "cancel culture."

Still, Baffert maintains that the positive result had no effect on the outcome of the race. "Medina Spirit is a deserved champion and I will continue to fight for him," he said.

The horse racing world is anxiously awaiting the second round of test results, which will be performed at a different lab. If a second test is positive, Medina Spirit could be stripped of his Kentucky Derby crown and the $1.8 million purse that came with it. The horse would then become just the second Derby winner to be disqualified over medication.

Like this post: 0

Advertisements