Advertisement

Author Topic: Didn't know my alma mater was "elite" til this Asian gal, I'm sure Duma doesn't  (Read 214 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
..consider it an "elite" college either  ???:

OC Vietnamese American Teen Gets Accepted to 16 Elite Colleges

An 18-year-old teen from Westminster, Calif., was recently accepted to 16 elite colleges, including Princeton and Harvard University

Many acceptances: La Quinta High School senior Julia Do committed to Harvard University on Sunday, when the next day, Princeton informed her she'd been accepted from their waitlist, according to The OC Register.

The other colleges she got accepted to include Amherst, Brown, Claremont McKenna, Fordham, Hofstra, Scripps, Stanford, Swarthmore, University of California in Berkeley, UCI, University of Pennsylvania, USC, University of the Pacific and Williams College.

The scholarships Do was offered total $900,000.

GO TIGERS!!!  O0

« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 09:34:31 PM by theking »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Don't get me wrong, UOP is a great college per my experience but hearing it mentioned in the same breath as Harvard, Princeton and Stanford surprised me... ???

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
The Candyman and Chucky both have ties to UOP. Candyman was a bust though after getting selected number 1 overall to the Clippers:

Chucky on the other hand is still Coaching my boys:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Jon Gruden and Hue Jackson during their much younger days at UOP:

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
My cousin is doing her grad school pharm d (h.s valedictorian)there and her sister is a pharmacist. 

I wouldn't call it elite either but a harder private school to get into though.  I may be wrong at this but uop is the next level up to uc davis. 

Still good that she chose Harvard.  Good brain needs a tough school to challenge her mind. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Yep, lots of pharmacy majors there when I attended and I'm sure that program is still going strong:

"The most popular majors at University of the Pacific include: Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services; Biological and Biomedical Sciences; Engineering; Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies; and Health Professions and Related Programs."

Agree that it's a step up from UC Davis and probably on par with UC Berkeley.. ???

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
It's a private school so bring $$$:

Tuition and fees: $51,094 (2020-21)

Room and board: $16,673 (2020-21)

Advertisements