Advertisement

Author Topic: Married People: Wedding  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Married People: Wedding
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2021, 10:16:34 AM »
It will be up to her.  I have let her decide that and she hasn't decided yet.

You can share your wish and sometimes wish can turn into reality.

Like this post: 0
"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2021, 10:18:53 AM »
If you marry a Hmong, it's never complete unless you have the Hmong wedding, too, especially for a woman. His family won't address her properly. They won't take her as a family member but just a girlfriend to the guy, etc. And they won't be officially married if they don't do the wedding with the husband's dad or his rep if he's dead.

I had a traditional wedding and an American wedding.  I only wanted the American but when you are a Hmong woman and you marry a Hmong man with a traditional family, I guess you have to do a traditional wedding too.  I guess it's nice to experience it.  It's part of our culture.  Going forward though, hopefully they will do away with the politics and the drinking aspects of the Hmong wedding.  Keep the dressing up in cultural clothing, food, and blessing/advice giving parts.  O0

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2021, 12:54:10 PM »
We had an American style wedding so traditionally, the bride and her family are responsible for paying for all wedding planning expenses, the bride's attire, all floral arrangements, transportation on the wedding day, photo and video fees, travel and lodgings for the officiant if he comes from out of town, lodging for the bridesmaids.
I see...
It will be up to her.  I have let her decide that and she hasn't decided yet.
O0

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Advertisements