Advertisement

Author Topic: This MKIV can be yours for $300k  (Read 488 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
This MKIV can be yours for $300k
« on: November 18, 2021, 04:04:51 PM »
"This 1993 Toyota Supra Has Driven Less Than 10,000 Miles. It Could Be Yours for. . .$300,000"

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: This MKIV can be yours for $300k
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 06:19:36 PM »
The last time I touch one was when I was working for the toyota dealership in the bay.  It was a trade in and was selling for $19K.  It was sitting in the used car lot and no one would buy it.  As a young college student, there is no way that it would sit there and not get touch by a young buck.  I drove it around the block on a joy ride and got stalled a few times.  Turns out that the dealership did not fix the problem and was selling it as is.  You have to push the pedal hard in first gear just to get that wheel moving or you'll stall out.  With respect for the power of the vehicle, I did not want to floor on first gear or do burn outs hence my stalling. 

300k is collectors item.  I've watch that car auction show on tv and they were bidding for them modern cars at ridiculous pricing.  1 million bux for a souped out ford mustang and camero the first edition of the modern looking car.  White boy got too much money.  Only way I would buy it is if that vehicle can make me back my investment and more by winning some races. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2021, 09:11:36 PM »
When I bought my Vette, the MKIV Supra, the 300ZX, and the Vette were my 3 finalists. If I hadn't owned two Supra prior already, I would've bought it. If the Z had a 6-speed manual, I would've bought it. Therefore, I chose the Vette..

Money wise, all three were close enough to each others..

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2021, 09:15:07 PM »
The last time I touch one was when I was working for the toyota dealership in the bay.  It was a trade in and was selling for $19K.  It was sitting in the used car lot and no one would buy it.  As a young college student, there is no way that it would sit there and not get touch by a young buck.  I drove it around the block on a joy ride and got stalled a few times.  Turns out that the dealership did not fix the problem and was selling it as is.  You have to push the pedal hard in first gear just to get that wheel moving or you'll stall out.  With respect for the power of the vehicle, I did not want to floor on first gear or do burn outs hence my stalling. 

300k is collectors item.  I've watch that car auction show on tv and they were bidding for them modern cars at ridiculous pricing.  1 million bux for a souped out ford mustang and camero the first edition of the modern looking car.  White boy got too much money.  Only way I would buy it is if that vehicle can make me back my investment and more by winning some races.

Good story. When I bought my 93 Toy truck, there was a red twin turbo Supra in the showroom floor and its' sticker price was on par with the Land Cruiser..durin g that time.

Offline NtsesHnub

• PH Regular
  • FishSun
  • Respect: +242
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2021, 09:45:56 PM »
I had the chance to buy a 95 NSX for low $30k with 60k miles 6yrs ago.  I instead bought a vette.  I laugh when I look in the mirror now :BangHead:

Different 💩 same smell

Advertisements