Advertisement

Author Topic: Lived in Stockton with Judge Paul Lo so I know that's a bad area of the town  (Read 733 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
La Cresta Way may be towards the north side of Stockton but still one of the bad pockets in Stockton right of Bianchi Road (lots of Cambodians in that neighborhood just across the river from "Oak Park Village Apartments" which is all Cambodians now). Even on the north side in the neighborhood that Judge Paul Lo and I used to live in (Bernay, Bordeaux, Fox Creek, Dalewood, Crestwood, etc.) while we attended Lodi Unified School District, it's pretty run down now too per my last visit compared to the 80s and yeah, that was also the Vietnamese part of town during that time so lots of Nguyen, Tran, etc., last names there:

A police officer was killed in Stockton, California while responding to a domestic disturbance call on Tuesday morning. Officer Jimmy Inn, 30, was fatally shot at the 4400 block of La Cresta Way after he arrived at the scene at 10:07 a.m., reported KCRA. Inn reportedly knocked on the door of the home and stood to the side, before a male suspect fired at the officer multiple times.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 04:51:14 PM by theking »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Yep, those are the quadplex housing in that area for the lower income folks but seems like every unit has a satellite dish 
so must still have enough money to pay for it..??? The Louise Park area off Monte Diablo has quite a few of those quadplex housing units too and yes, another not so good neighborhood of Stockton:

« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 10:06:47 PM by theking »

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
What part of Stockton is considered a good safe neighborhood?

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Back in the 80s and 90s, the nicer parts are around Lincoln high school and Lincoln Center, Billionaire Alex Spanos' compound is there, the north east corner on the other side of the 99 freeway up to the Morada neighborhood and the Brookside area that was developed in the 90s and the Country Club area by the golf course i.e., Cliff Drive, River Drive, etc. There are a few others too but the ones listed are the  ones I remembered from my time there in the 80s and 90s..

Generally speaking, the south side and east side are the bad sections i.e., Conway projects, Sierra Vista Projects, Farmington (one time the apartment complex houses all Hmong), Boggs Tract, etc.

Like this post: +1

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
Appreciate it! I’ve never knew Stockton has such pretty river/lake/golf front neighborhoods.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
You will not catch me going downtown at night but I'll ride through the streets at night though.  My car is a weapon and I will run you over foo.   I'll go to prison for what I believe in.   O0

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Appreciate it! I’ve never knew Stockton has such pretty river/lake/golf front neighborhoods.

O0

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Here's a 15 year old Stockton home in a nice Country Club area going for $4 million:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3614-Country-Club-Blvd-Stockton-CA-95204/79580607_zpid/

Offline Tajo

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +105
    • View Profile
Back in the 80s and 90s, the nicer parts are around Lincoln high school and Lincoln Center, Billionaire Alex Spanos' compound is there, the north east corner on the other side of the 99 freeway up to the Morada neighborhood and the Brookside area that was developed in the 90s and the Country Club area by the golf course i.e., Cliff Drive, River Drive, etc. There are a few others too but the ones listed are the  ones I remembered from my time there in the 80s and 90s..

Generally speaking, the south side and east side are the bad sections i.e., Conway projects, Sierra Vista Projects, Farmington (one time the apartment complex houses all Hmong), Boggs Tract, etc.

I used to think Lincoln center area is only rich white pple area. 🤣🤣

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I used to think Lincoln center area is only rich white pple area. 🤣🤣

You're not too far off Tajo as it is one of the nice and expensive neighborhoods of Stockton and coincidently houses most "white people".. ;D

Advertisements