Advertisement

Author Topic: Mrs. Nou Lee (Niam Nus Lis)  (Read 466 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Mrs. Nou Lee (Niam Nus Lis)
« on: May 14, 2021, 02:36:50 PM »
Mrs. Nou Lee or Niam Nus Lis is the youtuber that introduce the young couple to us and we fundraised for them.  She's the one who brought them the fundraising money.  Anyway, she messaged me, this is what she said:

"Nyob zoo thiab os niam laus kuv muaj kev txom nyem e kuv xav thov nej cov phoojywg txhua Tus pab me ntsis rau kuv pua tau os (Hello older sister.  I am very poor and I would like to ask you and your friends to help me, is that possible (can you?)

tus Kwv yuav poj niam yuav noj tshoob  kev mus noj pem keev khuam noj tshoob loj muaj npav no e kuv los txom nyem g muaj nyiaj txau li xav thov nej sawv daw pab kuv ib zaug os niam laus

(My younger brother in law got married and will be having his wedding in Xieng Khoung, a big wedding and I am poor not enough money would like to ask everyone to help once older sister)"

Sorry for my bad translation ;D ;D ;D

I could give so many reasons to avoiding helping:

you don't have money why have such a big wedding? 
Yes you are trying to scam me..
Am that gullable?  Am I stupid?
on and on and on.....

But I try not to think like that.  If I did, we wouldn't fundraised for the young couple.  We wouldn't give to the school supplies funds.  We'll come up w/ tons of reasons NO.

FYI, I do not know her and I do not know if her brother in law is indeed married and will be holding a big wedding.  BUT, I do know this much.  She is poor, is struggling like many folks in her community.  If she scams me or us, it's because she's poor so I won't hold that against her.  But, I do not think she is a scammer.  If she is, that young couple would not see the funds we send them.  She and her family are good people.

Here is a video of her:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG2t9zHiw4U&t=14s&ab_channel=nkaujmimyajyychannel

I am going to send her some money and open this opportunity for anyone willing to help her as well, the more the merrier.  I'm as broke as all of you.  In fact, more broke than some of you.  However, skipping coffee once a week will not make me a wealthy woman or make me broke but it'll do so much good.  That's all....

For anyone interested in helping Ms. Num Lis, I created this gofundme:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/mrs-nou-lee?utm_campaign=p_cp_url&utm_medium=os&utm_source=customer

I promise not to pressure anyone like I did the other two but thank you for helping.  Otherwise, I'll just give what I can, that's all I can do. 

Thanks.

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +368
    • View Profile
Re: Mrs. Nou Lee (Niam Nus Lis)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 04:50:04 AM »
There are so many questions to ask before donating to this campaign. I'm highly skeptical when it comes to things that don't make sense.

What province are they in? The countryside they live in seem to have rich resources as trees to build houses; land to create rice field and gardens; dirt. rocks, stones to build roads. All they need is some talents or skills to find some simple jobs to get money.
Why she called him BIL (brother-in-law) when he hasn't married yet? Could've called him a bachelorette or a groom.
If they're that poor, there's no need to throw big wedding. Idk why Hamung have to make money and wedding as huge deals.

Unlike the Israelites, David was poor too and he don't have money to purchase Michal, the daughter of King Saul, for the wedding. King Saul just freely gave her to David in an exchange unless David can decapitate ten thousands invaders' head.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Re: Mrs. Nou Lee (Niam Nus Lis)
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 09:30:40 AM »
If you live in the highlands of Laos & small villages, lands & natural resources are still cheap and so easier for people to farm/ build shelter.  Hard to earn a living, no job, no work.  In the cities, everything cost $$ and job is scarce, more struggles.  Ms. Nou Lee, she lives in those small town like Long Cheng not like Luangprabang etc..

She called him BL because he's the younger brother of her husband.  Hmong weddings, sometimes it's the bride's family that determines how big a wedding is.  Maybe she comes from a prominent family and wants a big wedding so groom has to get ready.

Anyway, we can be sure Mrs Nou Lee is not well off.  You can see her life through the lens of her youtube video.  Think of her as a family member asking for help.  I'm sharing in case we have some good hearted PH members that wouldn't mind skipping a cup of coffee or two.  The more the merrier.  If no one is helping, I won't do any update.  I'll just help what I can.

I plan to send funds next week.  I need to prep this week, skipping coffee a few days... YES! 

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Advertisements