Advertisement

Author Topic: Used to work in the field and yep, gotta treat your employees right  (Read 424 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...because there's enough stress dealing with some customers already:

"Restaurant and retail owners have 2 options nowadays: stop treating their workers like garbage or stop having workers at all"

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
Agree and it does goes both ways.  Workers who thinks they run the business and not the actual business owner(s).  Workers/employees who thinks that they are more important than taking care of customers properly and ensuring that the business upkeep is maintained.  Garbage employees/workers will always be garbage no matter who employs them.  It's finding good keepers that's so hard and rare.

Some people who becomes bosses/supervisors are just garbage too.  They can't even do the work properly but will be first to point out all the problems of everything else, but themselves.  It's most unfortunate that many of these are actual bosses/supervisors/managers etc.,..

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
Agree and it does goes both ways.  Workers who thinks they run the business and not the actual business owner(s).  Workers/employees who thinks that they are more important than taking care of customers properly and ensuring that the business upkeep is maintained.  Garbage employees/workers will always be garbage no matter who employs them.  It's finding good keepers that's so hard and rare.
Some people who becomes bosses/supervisors are just garbage too. They can't even do the work properly but will be first to point out all the problems of everything else, but themselves.  It's most unfortunate that many of these are actual bosses/supervisors/managers etc.,..

It’s why the saying, “you don’t quit the company, you quit bosses” rings true on many occasions from bold above. Long ago, I had a manager who had the mentality consisting of I’m the boss and you have better remembered that I’m the boss attitude. Lets just say I ran into him again a few years ago trying to interview for a position where I am at. Guess he didn’t make it as he’s not in the system.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Agree and it does goes both ways. 

Yep, gotta have mutual respect for each other. I've been an employee as well as a supervisor and if respect doesn't go "both ways", the team as a whole won't have good morale and chemistry.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Long ago, I had a manager who had the mentality consisting of I’m the boss and you have better remembered that I’m the boss attitude.

That's too bad as that boss probably had a good crew to work with and could've done some good things..

As a super now, I try my best to let my staff know that they are the real Rock Stars because they are in the thick of things performing the direct duties that count most.

Advertisements