Advertisement

Author Topic: True being an amazing husband should be the norm  (Read 175 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
True being an amazing husband should be the norm
« on: May 24, 2021, 01:19:21 AM »
I Have An Amazing Husband — But He Shouldn’t Be The Exception

It’s no secret that moms have their work cut out for them. And if anyone ever questioned it: enter a global pandemic. If Covid has taught us anything, it’s just how much weight moms carry. This pandemic is proof that moms hold everything together, often with little support from their male partners. Fathers aren’t the ones dropping out of the workforce at an alarming rate — mothers are. Fathers aren’t the ones who are expected to maintain a career, take care of the housework, and manage their kids’ virtual learning — mothers are.

I know that not every family looks the same. It truly does take a village to raise a child. But it seems there’s been an outpouring of frustration from mothers in heterosexual relationships with their children’s fathers. They’re frustrated that they are parenting both their kids and their partners. I see it in many of my friends’ relationships. I see it within my own extended family. I hurt for my fellow mothers. My heart aches for the women who carry the burden of their families almost entirely on their shoulders all alone. And I can’t help but feel guilty, because this isn’t a problem I have.

My husband is supportive and present. He takes just as much of a role in raising our son as I do. Sometimes, he carries more weight than I do. He is never irresponsible. I have never once been worried to leave my son with him. I don’t have to check-in. I don’t have to remind him about nap times or what foods to stay away from or to use the diaper cream when the baby’s booty looks a little red.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements