Advertisement

Author Topic: Don't want my daughter to be a kangaroo unless there's a good reason for it  (Read 267 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Meet the 'kangaroo tribe': South Korea's 30- and 40-somethings living with mom and dad

He is a member of South Korea’s “kangaroo tribe” — a moniker used to describe unmarried men and women who haven’t moved out of their parents’ homes, even though they are in their 30s and even 40s. The name suggests the image of an overgrown marsupial that hasn’t left its mother’s pouch.

According to a recent report from South Korea’s national statistics office, more than 50 percent of unmarried adults between the ages of 30 and 40, and 44 percent of those between 40 and 44, still live with their parents.

The report, which was released at the end of March, caused a stir in the country, fueling the popular stereotype that the kangaroo tribe is made up of South Koreans who have failed to achieve success in life. The report noted that 42 percent of children who live with their parents are unemployed, and mainstream media coverage featured images of exhausted older parents accompanied by carefree, unemployed adult children.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Not good and yes, I would considered this elder abuse.. ???:

‘She just drinks the Kool-Aid my sister gives her’: My sister, 60, cries if my mom, 88, doesn’t give her money for her cats, car or rent

‘She calls Mom five times a day and texts her constantly. She burdens Mom with every type of personal thing imaginable’

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
That is all you can do, give them the best you can think of so that one day, they can potentially spread their wings and fly but it’s not guaranteed.

Advertisements