Advertisement

Author Topic: 14 when she had first kid, women are dammed if they do or damned if they don't?  (Read 267 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
 ???:

Charges dismissed against Black mom who left kids at home to work

“I was personally offended that this young woman was arrested and taken to jail instead of just being served with a summons,” the judge overseeing the case said.

Charges have been dismissed against the Ohio mother who was arrested for leaving her children alone in a motel room while she was at work.

As theGRIO previously reported, Shaina Bell was at work when her children’s father allegedly tipped off Liberty Township police to a Motel 6 where the 24-year-old’s daughters— ages 10 and two, were awaiting their mother’s shift to end.

Bell informed law enforcement that she typically had someone check on the girls every hour while she works at a local Little Caesars. Bell was arrested at her job and pleaded not guilty to child endangering. WFMJ reported the children were turned over to their father and she was released on bail. When the story made national headlines, many showed support for Bell, giving donations via a GoFundMe of over $165K.

She told WKBN in February that she intends to use the money to buy a house for her family an in a recent update to the fundraiser, it appears that she has.

During a pretrial hearing in Girard Municipal Court Wednesday morning, Bell pleaded no contest to two disorderly conduct charges and was found not guilty, as reported by WKBN.com.

“When the matter arose, I was personally offended that this young woman was arrested and taken to jail instead of just being served with a summons. That should never have happened. People with more serious offenses are not being taken to jail at this time,” said Judge Jeffrey Adler Wednesday in court. “Based on everything I know about the case, it could have been handled a lot differently. I think Miss Bell learned a lesson here.”

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements