Advertisement

Author Topic: Reminds me of that Hmong girl in our village in Laos that married a Laotian guy  (Read 637 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Some Hmong folks were giving her a hard time just because she married a Laotian and not a Hmong. Their narrow minded view don't care about her husband's character, just his ethnicity.. ???:

SINGAPORE — A man who was seen in a video making racist remarks to an inter-ethnic couple is teaching at Ngee Ann Polytechnic, which has suspended him from his duties, according to a report by TODAY on Monday (7 June).

The polytechnic said it is aware of the video of “an individual making racist remarks against an interracial couple”, according to the report. “We regret that the individual in question is a member of our staff.” TODAY reported that the man is Tan Boon Lee, who teaches at the polytechnic’s School of Engineering. The polytechnic said the individual's remarks are "highly offensive, disrespectful and go against our staff code of conduct and values as a community” and that it is conducting an internal investigation. The nine-and-a-half minute video posted on Facebook by user David Parkash shows him arguing with a Chinese man outside Far East Shopping Centre. Parkash appears to be offended by the man's claim that interracial dating between Indian men and Chinese women is "racist". "I have nothing against you personally but I think it's racist that the Indians prey on the Chinese girls," says the man, who is wearing a red shirt with "Singapore" on the front of it. "You don't see a Chinese guy preying on the Indian girl," he also claims. At one point he turns to the person filming the incident, presumably Parkash's girlfriend, and says, "Your parents is (sic) disgraced." Law and Home Affairs Minister K Shanmugam on Sunday weighed in on the incident, stating that what he saw in the video is "quite unacceptable" and "very worrying". “It seems like more people are finding it acceptable, to make 'in your face' racist statements – openly.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
The pendulum swings both ways and it’ll be a while before just Asian would suffice.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Yes, it does go "both ways"..

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
See Chinese men have also dated and/or married Indian women  ;D:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
As mentioned before, I did hook up with an Indian gal during my younger days. She just wanted to have a little fun before her arranged marriage ceremony. I was single at the time so it was all good.  O0 8)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
..all these asian hate got me loving my Asian people more..i'm like always looking out for my Asian folks, and ready to intefere if anything...

Good, don't froze and watch passively via the Bystander Effect because that doesn't help the victim much.. O0:

Advertisements