Advertisement

Author Topic: I've been there so I know and can sympathize to a degree but it's not required  (Read 194 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
As long as my customers treated me with respect and dignity, I treated them all the same tip or no tip:

Delivery driver films heartbreaking response to hour-long food order gone wrong: ‘Would it hurt y’all to tip us?’

A food delivery driver is sharing his response to receiving a $1 tip for a full hour of work.

The heartbreaking video, seemingly taken right after the order was delivered, is going viral on TikTok. It’s the latest of many clips to raise a debate about the importance of tipping.

In early 2021, an Uber Eats driver filmed a painful, tear-laden video after an order gone wrong. A few weeks later, a Domino’s employee shared their response to a similar experience. Months later, a woman went viral after revealing how much she tipped her Postmates driver, who had gotten in a car crash en route to her home.

This latest instance comes from TikTok user @deliveryguy100. The clip is filmed in his car, where he can be seen crying as he speaks.

“You know, I wish people knew what it was like to deliver for Uber Eats, Postmates, DoorDash,” he says. “I just spent an hour driving around for a $1.19 tip.”

“I mean, would it hurt to tip us? To throw us $5?” he adds.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
My first job was driving for pizza hut.  Although I wasn't working for a living while living with mommy, I had one customer who always tip big n he said the same thing. If only you know how much them drivers are making and if you tip low or no tip, why don't you drive their job to see how it was like.  I was making min wages $4.25 and every delivery was a guarantee 50 cents and with no tip, that leaves me with the bare min. 

It doesn't affect me as I was working to pay for gas actually.  Just got a car I bought myself barely got my driver license too.  Changed my perspective after that but that doesn't mean I tip well for all.  I know industries where you don't have to tip n yet, they be banking so people who doesn't know that tip will make them richer than your uncle Bob's salary. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I have first hand experiences in both tip countries such as the U.S. and no tip countries such as Japan, and I prefer the no tip society as it's much more simpler and less stress for both parties as there's less guilt feeling, no wondering which worker will be diligent and which will only go half-azz, etc., due to the tip factor... ???

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Personally, when folks don't tip me, it doesn't bother me because I know it's choice, not a requirement unless stated before hand such large party surcharge, etc.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
With that said, I've always tip over the years here in America except for a couple of rare instances...

Advertisements