Advertisement

Author Topic: What's open and closed on Friday now that Juneteenth is a federal holiday  (Read 628 times)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
another payed holiday 

The last one was MLK Jr day so most of us were either too young or wasn't born yet thus why we just don't get it.  I just thought that federal holiday was set in stone  :idiot2:

Whatever clever, I'm with stupid and I'm rolling with it.  Another day to stay home and getting payed for most.  Not sure if today or monday and if you work, will get holiday pay.  Better ask your HR. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/17/politics/juneteenth-federal-holiday-government-shut-down/index.html

Like this post: 0
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Adverstisement

Offline TsovTom

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
he should have made it a week long!

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
Fact that is interesting..    My gosh, I know we study history for a reason and that is to learn from it and not to make the same mistake again.  I'm sure this juneteenth will be observed nationally by next year.  Non of this 15 years later so everyone can be on the same page. 

"President Ronald Reagan signed the holiday into law in 1983, and it was first observed three years later. At first, some states resisted observing the holiday as such, giving it alternative names or combining it with other holidays. It was officially observed in all 50 states for the first time in 2000."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_King_Jr._Day

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
he should have made it a week long!

I know right?  Ride the wave with them kaydoos. 

They should of milked it.  How can anyone vote no to this or these?  They'll protest and burn down the country again.  Anxiety on high.   :2funny:

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Glad Fedex isn't observing this holiday right away. My mail that I just dropped off yesterday has already arrived in Texas at 10:10 a.m. today.

Next year, FedEx should observe it though. This development got signed too soon to be honored this week.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Advertisements