Advertisement

Author Topic: Add this E-bike to your Outdoor Arsenal - The Jetson Bolt Pro $350 at costco  (Read 2972 times)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
It goes in and out of stock at the Costco Website.  Free delivery 

but yeah, it is a toy that I think will enhances your fishing or camping adventures.  Who the hell wanna walk miles and miles to the hot spot and waste time? 

Get the one with the peddle so you can use it like a bicycle so you can get 30 mileage out of it.  With just electric alone is 15 miles. 

So with fishing, if you can go further than your competition, you will be fishing at a virgin spots which may results in faster catch or bigger fish, less pressurized area is the idea here.  You go where no other fisherman has gone before.  I already ordered mine and my fishing spots just opened wide up for me.  I will be modifying it by adding a bike rack and add 2 PcP pipes to make spaces for my fishing poles.  Add a basket in front to carry my other gears.  These E-bikes can go as high as 5g.  Riding on the beach to get your 5g bike rusting?  That's why I go cheap and serves the purposes. 

Also it is a neat toy to cruise around touristy areas like downtown SF for me. 

https://www.costco.com/jetson-bolt-pro-folding-electric-bike.product.100712067.html

« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 09:07:53 AM by DuMa »

Like this post: 0
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
I'm gonna leave this here for my future references just in case I want to do an upgrade.  $1K though.  I dunno

https://lectricebikes.com/collections/ebikes/products/xp-step-thru-black

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
Got the bike already.  First trip is after my reno trip on Sunday. 

Friday, today, reno for 1 night
sat, on the way back will stop in sac for a boy's birthday party
sunday - fishing at clifton court forebay dam/ spill way

does it hold fish?  Any spillway is loaded with fish.  I biked there 2x and never more.  Too freaking far and to carry all them fishes back and in the heat?  Forget about it.  E-bike is the answer.  Heard of guys pulling out 50lbs striper out of this spill way. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcDRTb9hF7M

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +648
    • View Profile
I fished dams before and the currents at dams are way strong. Just throw about 50 yards and let it sink to the bottom and work your magic. No action if currents don’t run. These local Hispanics know the secret to catching fish there at the C forebay with similar tactics but way further out. Years ago I saw baits being dropped off by a rc boats far out of reach of casting there but not at the spillway yet same area. He was the only one catching keepers but beyond his two limits too. Where there are localized currents, there are bait fish and where bait fish are, lies the fish you want to catch. Good luck!

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
update:  Investment payed off

Went there later than usual cuz when you waiting on your fishing partner, that is what usually happens especially when you go drinking the night before.  We rolled out at 9am. 

These E bikes are a must have toy.  It has bike assist but we tried going all Electric to see how much energy it will take for a round trip.  The answer is 50% of total energy only.  We have enough to go another trip.  If it was a bigger bike that cost 1 grand and above, well, wait till you hear this next story. 

A china man from SF got there 30 minute before us.  He caught 2 right away but his was legal or barely sizes.  He got a bigger e bike.  Looks used but still works.  He must of been a regular here cuz he got all sorts of stuff strapped to his e bike, with milk carton egg crate included, mounted on his back.  Once he saw us saw him catching his limit of 2 by himself, he went home.  We took  his spot.  We caught 3 nice ones.  26 incher, 23 incher, 19 incher and a 20 incher cat.  The bite was on fire.  Then we saw the same china man came back.  This guy is a straight up poacher.  He tried to speak in Chinese to me like he's no speak english so he no need to follow the law or something.  I don't care what he does but I did told him that he needs to worry about fish and game and not us.  By now, it was around 3pm and it got too hot.  I decided to cut out and when we did, he was onto his 3rd fish. 

I'm taking a PTO this friday so I'll be off fri, sat and sunday.  You know where I'll be at.  Riding that e bike was fun.  Maybe because we had 2 of them and riding in pair or a team is more fun like riding a motorcycle cept that the bike trail on the levee was all for us.   

The pump wasn't even running and we caught nice fish?  Are you kidding me?  Well it is a different discipline as in rig set up when the pump is not running.  I was doing a 1/2 once or small weight and although the pump is not running, there is a small current flowing down there cuz my line be moving just a tad bit.  We had dead shad but they weren't having it so we did the next best thing.  We fillet it and that was the meal ticket.  We got the idea from looking around and saw some other fillet cut baits.  Old china man didn't hide his tracks so we copied his styles and techniques and we were on them. 

Only issue is that them seats are a tad hard.  My azz is now sore.  I'm sure after my azz gets used to it, I'll be ok or I'll just upgrade with a better seating. 

First trip was playing in the dark.  Every trip from here on out will have upgrades to make the trip better.  Tons of big carps be jumping all over the place.  The gates not even opened so these big carps be acting like salmon as they jump up and hit the gates and be flopping on down.  They could be salmon cuz I'm sure there are salmon here too.  This flood gate is like a one way traffic for them critters.  The water is pumping in from the big delta river system so when them fishes are in, they get stuck in this big reservoir.  Add years and this is how these critters are able to get so big.  The biggest striper in cali were caught either at this forebay or the other one on hwy 152 the oneil forebay.  IF we get onto something that size, I don't think we are ready for it.  No net, line only 20lb, leader only 17.  Next trip, I'm upgrading to 30lb main and 30lbs braided. 

This spot I would not go solo.  Although if one bike is down, the other bike can still tow it for a rescue. Plus all the chit that you need to carry.  The china man went solo but that's him and hoping that there are no hiccups along the way for him.  If you think that is crazy, there was a white guy fishing on the other side.  I spoke with him and he said he walked the whole way.  I'm like 5 miles one way worth and carrying his gears and he did caught a striper I saw so he has to carry all that weight back?  He's a crazy white boy.  Hot as hell and I'm hoping he got enough water on him.  There is no shades there either.  Maybe he goes walking early in the morning when it is not hot and when he leaves, it should be later in the evening where it gets cooler. 

anyways, this is getting kinda lengthy but yeah, e bike is just a fun toy to have.  Will need to get some slime and a pump cuz the tire is air filled tube.  Plenty of other spots that I marked to try out cuz now we got the ability to go where your car can't go to.  This is like fishing in new territory and it makes fishing all exciting again like you are a newbie once again.  I love new fishing spots.  I know so many regular spots that you can't pay me enough to go.  I will tell you straight up that you will be wasting your time catching chit if it is out of the season.  Only thing now is leaving your car unattended while you coast to the new hot spot.  Besides that, my catch rate is expecting to go up as I can now fish where other fisherman can not get to unless they are on a boat. 

Maybe I should make a blog about my fishing trip on an e bike or maybe not.   :2funny:

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
Ebike failed

So without bike assist, we only can get 15 miles out of it.  30 if we peddle as well.  The trek is 5 miles each way.  Was able to go up but upon getting there, other anglers already got the hot spot, early in the morning so we rode back and went to another location.  By 11am, we thought that them anglers would of left since it was getting hot.  Temp now is closer to 100 degrees. 

Upon getting there, it was a different crew, the swing shift crew so of speak.  So lets do the math.

Up 5 miles, back 5 miles, up again 5 miles = error 404, no more battery left. 

So we could paddle back right?  Not on that day.  Wind gust was pushing at least 40mph biking into the wind.  So the best thing to do is to push the bike back instead.  5 freaking miles back, pushing a bike with loads of stuff, wearing uncomfortable heavy looking shoes not suitable for walking, 106 degrees and thought we could never make it.  AT least it was windy that it cooled us down and we still had water.  Lesson learned.  Never go on a windy day and watch your battery power.  You know you are going to get a heat stroke when you starting to catch symptoms.  I got a headache while walking and my nose started to run.  Only thing that would make this fatal is vomiting water so yeah, look out for them symptoms and get help immediately. 

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Thought about Duma when I saw this e-bicycle. Get one of these, cost more but it'll give you 25-45 mile range per charge, at least that's what the owner said when I asked. I think that rider uses it for food delivery gigs with Door Dash, Uber Eats, etc.  ???:

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
Thought about Duma when I saw this e-bicycle. Get one of these, cost more but it'll give you 25-45 mile range per charge, at least that's what the owner said when I asked. I think that rider uses it for food delivery gigs with Door Dash, Uber Eats, etc.  ???:

now that is just cot dayam smart.  No tag, no insurance, no gas, no overhead fees equals to all profit from doing them deliveries.  If only I live in a good metro area and if they allow me to use an uninsured method of transportation for delivery, I would do it just because I saw it done in japan or Vietnam.  Not doing it for the money but doing it for the experiences.   O0

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4xgpOBrEp4&t=150s

This thing!  O0  it can attach a trailer to it.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4xgpOBrEp4&t=150s

This thing!  O0  it can attach a trailer to it.

Only one problem.  It has to be light weight as there are locations where I need to hop it over a gate.  Like we have aquaducts here with public access.  Big enough for bikes but small enough opening to wards out motor gas vehicles. 

It is trendy.  One angler saw another angler taking their ebikes out on a fishing trip and now I'm seeing more and more of them out there. 

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
Just walk
Stop being lazy

God did not created man...man created god

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
Just walk
Stop being lazy

You go ahead n walk.  I'll just fish 3 miles from where you at and where it is not pressurize cuz them fish be telling me that the Hmongrock was here a week ago. 

Virgin fishing spots = excitement

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
There was a place I used to fish that was quite a walk down hill and then the uphill was like double the distance.  Took my bike downhill and that was a blast.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
black friday sale at walmart. 

these mountain ebike got to be at least  $500 and up.  This one is $400

if link or pix don't work, look at walmart website for keywords:  Hyper Bicycles E-Ride Electric Pedal Assist Mountain Bike, 26in MTB, Black

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-Bicycles-E-Ride-Electric-Pedal-Assist-Mountain-Bike-26in-MTB-Black/568743494?irgwc=1&sourceid=imp_TqpSnMwshxyIWMvxl8Q8HSMOUkGxP-xChXaJWE0&veh=aff&wmlspartner=imp_150372&clickid=TqpSnMwshxyIWMvxl8Q8HSMOUkGxP-xChXaJWE0&sharedid=&affiliates_ad_ id=568823&campaign_id=9383

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Stop being lazy

..MY LAZY BROKE ASS

Perfect example of a hippo-crib.. ;D

Advertisements