Advertisement

Author Topic: I have a deeper appreciation for my city/State  (Read 490 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
I have a deeper appreciation for my city/State
« on: July 07, 2021, 08:22:27 AM »
After a few  road trips WEST, I have a deeper appreciation of my city/State.  Most of the WEST is pretty hot & dry.  Southern to Middle CA is alright but northern is hot and dry, mountainous, not tropical like the southern===> no palm trees, no flowering shrubs, and pine trees everywhere.

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
Re: I have a deeper appreciation for my city/State
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 09:28:36 AM »
After a few  road trips WEST, I have a deeper appreciation of my city/State.  Most of the WEST is pretty hot & dry.  Southern to Middle CA is alright but northern is hot and dry, mountainous, not tropical like the southern===> no palm trees, no flowering shrubs, and pine trees everywhere.

yea it's pretty hot and sunny
i do like the less bug

God did not created man...man created god

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +381
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 06:18:11 PM »
Dok_Champa, ever been to Vallejo, CA? I suggest you can go and visit that part of the city during this mid late summer season.
The beautiful part is the sunset and the good part is the ocean breeze blowing from SF bay.

I hope to go back and revisit whenever pandemic is over. I can't wait to have fun riding roller-coasters and watching animals at Six Flags Marine World. Such lovely city during summertime.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2021, 09:24:03 AM »
No, I've never been to Vallejo, perhaps one day.  I've been to Orange County, San Diego area and LA.  I could see myself living in Orange County and or San Diego.  I love the oceans, ocean breeze, beautiful sunny weather, ocean cliffs, diversity, etc... But the cost of living is soo high.

I'll still visit and explore more of CA later on.  There's still many places I've yet to see.  I was in Cambria a while back, that's a beautiful city/town.  Love the walk/trails along the cliffs overlooking the sea and sea lions...

I never get tired of San Diego....so many things to do and see and beautiful beaches...

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2021, 10:26:45 AM »
I visited Vegas twice last year and I saw dry lands with cacti and just rocky hills and mountains. I could tell all of the nearby states would be similar.

They are good views for a trip but not for living permanently.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Advertisements