Advertisement

Author Topic: Your parents already paid me and my family so your sister will do?  (Read 243 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Bride dies of heart attack at her wedding in India, so groom marries sister instead

A groom who was left without a bride on his wedding day when his fiancee dropped dead still tied the knot, marrying her sister instead.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Your parents already paid me and my family so your sister will do?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 10:11:13 AM »
I've seen that happen a lot in our community, too. It is a common practice to at least marry someone in order for the guy not to have a curse for missing something great in life.

There was a guy in the military in Long Cheng whose wife was killed while she and he were ambushed on the road. He returned to his in-laws and demanded to marry her younger sister.

Because he was a military man and well-respected for that title in that community in that time during that situation in all of that and that...they let him marry her.

A friend of mine in St. Paul's girlfriend was approached by an unknown suitor in a marriage setting. She declined but her parents insisted that she tied the knot with the guy anyway. But instead, she jumped off the window, somehow survived, and ran off to my friend. 

Brideless and maybe breathless, the unknown suitor took her younger sister into marriage instead. That sister wasn't quite of age yet and didn't have a boyfriend to run off to.

What surprises me is how these brides actually adjust very well to their marriages almost immediately after three days of quarantine.

Like this post: 0
"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Advertisements