Advertisement

Author Topic: My exp. w/ 20+ vehicle: black vs white, black shines best but white lasts longer  (Read 924 times)

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Nothing shines better than a black vehicle after washing it as I've had a few i.e., Toy truck, Corvette, etc., but it also gets dirty such as dust the fastest in my experience of ownership. Now, white vehicle doesn't shine as bright but it stays clean the longest because dust blends in better per my ownership experience i.e., Taco. Examples, this was taken at my old alma mater, UOP in front of the sand volleyball and basketball courts. It's no longer there as it was replaced with a grass field but the student's gym with an indoor basketball court building next to it is still there:

« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 09:41:55 AM by theking »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Here's the opposite side of the spectrum per my ownership experience:

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
I'm thinking, dirt plays a role but I'm thinking it has to do w/ the sun.  You know a black T-shirt will fade out sooner than a White because Black color absorbs sunlight more than white and that could explains shines in white lasts longer...

My guess :D :D ;D ;D

Like this post: +1
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +366
    • View Profile
Hardly see yellow, orange, green, and purple trucks these days.  ;D

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I've also owned black vehicles that purposely doesn't shine and gloss like my old matte black Hornet/919...Two Boomtown near Reno photos:

Like my white and silver vehicles, the matte black color doesn't show the dust as bad as the glossy black colored vehicles..

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I've also owned two-tone colored vehicles like my Transformer bike below so I know which color is higher maintenance next to each other side by side  ;D:

« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 01:20:40 AM by theking »

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Just a question since you're a rider... Is riding a motorbike as easy as driving a car, a bicycle?  I've always wanted to ride in one when I go to a third world country like Laos & Thailand.  Motorbike is everywhere over there and that's the best way to tour the country.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I'm thinking, dirt plays a role but I'm thinking it has to do w/ the sun.  You know a black T-shirt will fade out sooner than a White because Black color absorbs sunlight more than white and that could explains shines in white lasts longer...

My guess :D :D ;D ;D

You sure know your fabric colors and what the sun can do to it  O0. Must've done a lot of laundry over the years...I've done a lot of laundry over the years too. From Laos where we use a river or creak and the side of a boulder, to a bathtub, and coin-up laundry mat and of course now my own washer and dryer set at home.. ;D

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
having own three black vehicles....i'll never buy black again.

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Just a question since you're a rider... Is riding a motorbike as easy as driving a car

No, but it's more thrilling and enjoyable because you become one with the vehicle IMO.

In an auto, you don't have to worry about balancing the vehicle. On a moto, you have to hold it up unless it's a 3-wheel version. Most moto are also manual drive meaning it has a clutch but unlike an auto's manual, the clutch lever is on the handle bar and the shifter is by the foot peg/floor board. The only exceptions are those rare moto from 50-60 years ago where the shifter is next to the fuel tank.

, a bicycle?

Also more challenging than riding a bicycle because for one, it's heavier and there's more tasks to get it going.

I've always wanted to ride in one when I go to a third world country like Laos & Thailand.  Motorbike is everywhere over there and that's the best way to tour the country.

I say go for it. Good thing is if you prefer automatic, many scooters offer automatic so less tasks to think about and it's generally lighter than a full blown motorcycle. There are a few automatic motorcycle models available too but not many because the demand is not there. Most riders prefer manual because it's more fun.

Anyways, if want to learn, I recommend taking a training course such as the MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundation) first. I self taught myself but my wife went through that course before we met and she liked it. They provide basic riding hands on training as well as lots of useable information for new riders. The first day is reading, writing, watching videos and the second day is hands on. The best part is they provide the moto for learners to practice with.

It's only a couple of hundred dollars for the course so it's a very low cost for those that want to try it out. If you still into it after the course, move on to get your own moto. If you don't like motorcycling after the course, at least you can form an educated opinion on it and at the very least, earn a M endorsement on your Driver's License..

« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 09:37:37 AM by theking »

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
having own three black vehicles....i'll never buy black again.

I feel you... ;D ;D ;D

I've had 4 total..

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Here's another one of my two-toned colored vehicles that's low maintenance in terms of dust:

« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 11:24:49 AM by theking »

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
My silver/copper Busa doesn't shine as bright as my black Vette but the dust is also less visible on it:

« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 11:25:54 AM by theking »

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
It's funny in regards to vehicle colors. They say that red colored vehicles attracts cops but I've never gotten a ticket while driving my red Wrangler  ;D:

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +648
    • View Profile
Drove lots of domestic rentals but never owned one, any mechanical issues owning domestic vehicles?

Advertisements