Advertisement

Author Topic: Looks like I left before the short changed era, plus I did collection  (Read 100 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1330
    • View Profile
..instead of mail carrying and delivery. However, the collection unit was responsible to deliver those Express over-night guaranteed mail and packages on major holidays that the P.O. is closed such as Thanks giving, Christmas, New year, etc.

I remembered delivering a package in the boonies (Valley Spring, CA) and the customer was so surprised to see me on Christmas Day. It was a gift for his kid and the kid was like "you're like Santa Clause and his elves".. ;D:

USPS has shorted some workers’ pay for years, CPI finds

A Center for Public Integrity investigation finds that the U.S. Postal Service regularly cheats mail carriers out of their pay.

The Postal Service regularly cheats mail carriers out of their pay, according to a Center for Public Integrity investigation. Managers at hundreds of post offices around the country have illegally underpaid hourly workers for years, arbitrators and federal investigators have found.

Private arbitration records tell part of the story. From 2010 to 2019, at least 250 managers in 60 post offices were caught changing mail carriers’ time cards to show them working fewer hours, resulting in unpaid wages, according to a batch of arbitration award summaries obtained by Public Integrity for cases filed by one of the three major postal unions.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements