Advertisement

Author Topic: We got some cake for a festival that's celebrated throughout Asia like Thailand  (Read 479 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
..., Japan, China, Vietnam, Korea, Cambodia, etc.:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Our daughter picked this one so we were like cool  8) ;D:

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Beautiful container.

Like this post: +1
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
That festival is celebrated in Laos too:

The Mid-Autumn Festival Celebrated in Vientiane

Guangxi People’s Radio Broadcasting Station and the Liewto School have jointly celebrated the Mid-Autumn Festival entitled “Happy Mid-Autumn Festival” in Vientiane Capital.

The Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival was celebrated through art performances at the Liewto School in Vientiane Capital on September 14, in presence of more than 500 students and teachers.

Mrs Somphet Vannavong, Deputy Director of the Liewto School, a Chinese school in Vientiane Capital, said that the celebration of the Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival aims to increase the understanding of Chinese culture and the Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival among students.

The Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival is a time for Chinese people to greet each other and express their gratitude. As friends, relatives, or business partners, they send moon cakes to each other to express their gracious greetings and good wishes.

An important part of the festival celebration is moon worship. The ancient Chinese believed that rejuvenation was associated with the moon and water, and connected this concept to the menstruation of women, calling it “monthly water”, according to its culture.

China’s Mid-Autumn Festival is celebrated on the 15th day of the 8th month of the Chinese lunar calendar (in September or October). The Mid-Autumn Festival in 2016 took place on September 15.  To many Chinese, it is still the second most important festival after the Chinese New Year.

The Mid-Autumn Festival is also known by other names, such as Moon Festival or Harvest Moon Festival because of the celebration’s association with the full moon on this night, as well as the traditions of moon worship and moon gazing.

At the celebration, the Guangxi People’s Radio Broadcasting Station also gave moon cakes and educational equipment to the teachers and students of the Liewto School.

Last year, the Mid-Autumn Festival was organized in many countries including Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam.

As a result, the Mid-Autumn Festival has become an important festival for the exchange of culture between Guangxi, China and ASEAN member countries.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
I love to eat these with tea. 

Maybe cuz I'm a tea drinker now and know how to enjoy things like drinking fine wine.  When I was younger, you can not get me to eat it.  It doesn't taste like a candy or any good cake so I refused to eat it, especially the one with the egg yolk inside.   I  missed out on life in this aspect. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
It's time:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Happy Autumn Festival 2021 to all.. O0

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
I ate 1/4 of a moon cake yesterday. There are three full cakes in my box. Does anyone want some?

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
The three of us ate 2 cakes out of 4...

Advertisements