Advertisement

Author Topic: Does Evil Disprove God?  (Read 1015 times)

TheAfterLife

Does Evil Disprove God?
« on: November 21, 2021, 12:04:59 AM »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +377
    • View Profile
Re: Does Evil Disprove God?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2021, 11:55:14 PM »
Those are his opinions based on evil. However, it's still not the truth.

The truth about "evil" dwells in the heart of men and women.

1 Samuel 16:7
7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.

Jeremiah 17:9-10
9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?
10 “I the Lord search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.”

Romans 3:28-31
28 For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law. 29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also, 30 since God is one—who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith. 31 Do we then overthrow the law by this faith? By no means! On the contrary, we uphold the law.

James 2:8-11
8 If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well. 9 But if you show partiality, you are committing sin and are convicted by the law as transgressors. 10 For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become guilty of all of it. 11 For he who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” If you do not commit adultery but do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 11:10:34 PM »
No
Evil don’t disprove god

THE MAN CANNOT EVEN PROVE IT HIMSELF that he is real

God did not created man...man created god

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2021, 11:17:28 PM »
Im here tonight
Am i not?

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2021, 11:23:48 PM »
Quote: "THE MAN CANNOT EVEN PROVE IT HIMSELF that he is real"

You said this. I find you an oxymoron already!
The man aka your invisible man in the sky

;D ;D ;D

I flew up in the sky on the airplane
TRUST ME
THERE NOTHING UP THERE

NO HEAVENS

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2021, 08:28:49 AM »
Then that is your fault for not explaining right. You're a lazy to explain and you suggest that we MUST know what you're thinking? You remind me of my dad who goes to the gas station, saying things that doesn't make any damn sense, expecting the entire world revolves around him. Is that kind of person who you really are? Look pal, I am not a telepathic guy...okay? It just tells me that you're lazy to explain; therefore, why should I give two damn shiet about what you think if you expect us to know what you're thinking since you are LAZY to explain it? It's no wonder why my mom always JUMP on him EVERY FREAKIN' TIME! My grandmother jumps on him for talking that doesn't make sense. For example, "Go to store, press now!" My mom says, "What? I know we are going to the store, but press what?" Then he says, "I said press it! I expect you to know." Oh boy! That's where she gets boiling red! What my father is trying to say, "Turn the car and we go to the store." He got jump for no reason because he CHOOSE to NOT to learn of how to talk right. You can piss someone off for talking gibberish. If this is you, DAYUM! Does your wife rich at you for being lazy on your speech? MA DAYUM!

you copy and paste video and wall of text
that you don't watch and read

that's lazy

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2021, 11:28:03 AM »
Interesting video.  Sometimes we wonder the same thing, why does God allow bad things to happen to good people or simply bad things to happen.  God is good why does he allow evil to exist?  Dr. Alvin gave a good example of Job, the Book of Job, the prologue of Job, conversation between God and Satan:

"6 One day the angels[a] came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came with them. 7 The Lord said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”

Satan answered the Lord, “From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it.”

8 Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.”

9 “Does Job fear God for nothing?” Satan replied. 10 “Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. 11 But now stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face.”

That could be a reason why evil exist but as Dr. Alvin mentioned, we don't know God's reason just as Job doesn't know reasons for his sufferings.  YET he still remain faithful, trust in God, optimistic...h as the free will to think/reasons his life/experiences etc..

and so we too like Job has the same free will and how we respond will depend on our faith/trust in God like Job.

Also, if all we experience are just good things, beautiful things, will that make our life richer/more satisfying?  Imagine if we live in a world where there's no sadness, no grief, no challenges and just pure bliss... Is that a better world or life as it is, a world where we taste the sweet, bitterness of life etc..

Maybe God wanted us to taste/experience/see all the flavors of life, the good, the bad, the ugly, etc..

« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 11:31:09 AM by Dok_Champa »

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +377
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2021, 10:34:33 PM »
Interesting video.  Sometimes we wonder the same thing, why does God allow bad things to happen to good people or simply bad things to happen.  God is good why does he allow evil to exist?  Dr. Alvin gave a good example of Job, the Book of Job, the prologue of Job, conversation between God and Satan:

"6 One day the angels[a] came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came with them. 7 The Lord said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”

Satan answered the Lord, “From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it.”

8 Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.”

9 “Does Job fear God for nothing?” Satan replied. 10 “Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. 11 But now stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face.”

That could be a reason why evil exist but as Dr. Alvin mentioned, we don't know God's reason just as Job doesn't know reasons for his sufferings.  YET he still remain faithful, trust in God, optimistic...h as the free will to think/reasons his life/experiences etc..

and so we too like Job has the same free will and how we respond will depend on our faith/trust in God like Job.

Also, if all we experience are just good things, beautiful things, will that make our life richer/more satisfying?  Imagine if we live in a world where there's no sadness, no grief, no challenges and just pure bliss... Is that a better world or life as it is, a world where we taste the sweet, bitterness of life etc..

Maybe God wanted us to taste/experience/see all the flavors of life, the good, the bad, the ugly, etc..

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +456
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2021, 01:31:24 AM »
God allows evil in order to show disbelievers and his believers that without God there is only evil.

Just like hmgRock wanted - there was no God to stop and interfere with the holocaust. Look what happened to those millions of Jews and their supporters when there was no God.

hmgRock and many Christians prove Satan right everyday. How can you be truly a Christian when you are sheltered by God's blessings everyday? If you can still love God and have faith in Him after experiencing only suffering then you know that you are a true follower of Christ.

Advertisements