Advertisement

Author Topic: See this long money line at Walmart and thought, do some folks just don't know  (Read 809 times)

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...how to manage their own finances, just too poor, don't want an account with the banks and credit unions, no paper and no paper trail or is it just a personal preference??  ???

I mean every time I've gone to Walmart, that line always looked busy so just curious as it's the year 2022 now  ???:

« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 10:58:42 PM by theking »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Many reasons people stand in that line.  Actually I was in that line not too long ago for Moneygram. 

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
I was in that line to cash my xmas bonus check.  My reason?  pay them their service fee and get that cash immediately vs my bank holding the funds for a few days before the release. 

My credit union closes on weekends and max on atm withdraw is only $500 per day. 

then again, it's walmart.  It is hard to find the rich, the financial independent to shop at walmart.  Guess you can say that walmart is making rich off poor people. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
LOL. I think you are missing the point here.

Notice it says "Services" and not "Management."

Those who go there either receive more money from colleagues and families, friends, etc. or send because they have money.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
LOL. I think you are missing the point here.

Notice it says "Services" and not "Management."

Those who go there either receive more money from colleagues and families, friends, etc. or send because they have money.

no I think you missed the point back  :2funny:

The guy is asking a fair question because the guy has never used such services before. 

Now lets see, on top of my  head..

-Some people don't trust banks but they have a check from work.  Walmart will cash it for you
-Sending money has paper trail.  If I send to my nigerian scammer, I go western union
-I need to pay my walmart credit card
-I need to buy my money order because I don't have a bank account so therefore, I don't have a checkbook.
-Do they do utility bill?  I dunno but same principle, I don't have a credit card or card no funds to do automatic payment via card transaction. 

It all stems down to one common denominator.   We are just effing Poor and have financial problems.   :2funny:

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Nawh. Wrong reasoning. He hasn't used it before and so he's assuming incorrectly. :2funny:

Walmart isn't your welfare office at all. Nor is it H&R Block. People send and receive money. It's convenience of transfer they are there for.

no I think you missed the point back  :2funny:

The guy is asking a fair question because the guy has never used such services before. 

Now lets see, on top of my  head..

-Some people don't trust banks but they have a check from work.  Walmart will cash it for you
-Sending money has paper trail.  If I send to my nigerian scammer, I go western union
-I need to pay my walmart credit card
-I need to buy my money order because I don't have a bank account so therefore, I don't have a checkbook.
-Do they do utility bill?  I dunno but same principle, I don't have a credit card or card no funds to do automatic payment via card transaction. 

It all stems down to one common denominator.   We are just effing Poor and have financial problems.   :2funny:

« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 10:00:22 AM by Reporter »

"...

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
Yea

Thats how my buddy sent money overseas to his LAOS GIRLFRIEND

;D ;D

God did not created man...man created god

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
Nawh. Wrong reasoning. He hasn't used it before and so he's assuming incorrectly. :2funny:

Walmart isn't your welfare office at all. Nor is it H&R Block. People send and receive money. It's convenience of transfer they are there for.

People that are financial settled would find other methods of sending n receiving money.  Staying in line is already factored into the scheme and that is why they are of the financial smart wise.  O0

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Not true for everyone.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 02:30:53 PM by Reporter »

"...

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Thanks for the variety of responses!

Back in the 80s and 90s, when we send money to places like Laos, we use our bank's cashier's check and/or Western Union. But that was back in the 80s and 90s...and it's 2022 now with much more advance tech and methods.

I read more about Walmart's money service and here are the things they do:

Installment Financing, quickly & easily transfer money, cash checks, pay bills, Apply for a card, Pay your bill, Manage your account, Walmart Credit Card, Walmart MoneyCard, Rapid Reload, Send money internationall y, Send money domestically, Check Cashing, Walmart Pay, Express Money Services, Check Printing, Tax Prep Services, Bill Pay, Money Orders

Therefore, looks like it does apply to those folks who are less financially stable or have less financial resources more... ???

Offline NtsesHnub

• PH Regular
  • FishSun
  • Respect: +242
    • View Profile
 I didn't know they offer such services.  I used to cash my check at Hmong store as a teenager but have spend 10% or the store gets takes it.  Owner said her bank didn't like her doing that :2funny:

Different 💩 same smell

Advertisements